cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation not working. How do i know if the Mod team received my private message?

BRCD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I sent a few private messages yesterday to the Mod team and a couple today. No response?  My new activation seemed to work and my old Koodo number finally ported but nothing works (no text or talk in or out). Tried another known working phone also, nothing. My account shows my correct ported number but my phone still shows the old PM number I originally received.??

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

BRCD

Thanks, did my other PM activation 2 days ago and just ported my Koodo number tonight. Boom! done in 1/2 an hour. No problems!

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BRCD

Glad everything is fine now! Welcome to Public Mobile!

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That’s the one thing I find that varies from customer service rep to customer service rep with all companies and that’s that some will tell you they’re working to fix x problem while others will just go ahead and fix x problem and tell you after it’s done. 

With PM’s service model it’s important that reps acknowledge and communicate that they’re working on the problem so that customers know their concerns have been received and are being addressed. Otherwise, you’re left twiddling your thumbs hoping for the best. 

Glad everything worked out for you and thanks for letting us know the resolution. 

BRCD

Yes, Syed from the Mod Team PM'd me and said there was a port issue on their end. So fixed it and all's good now.

ky01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Glad to hear you got everything up and running!

BRCD

As if it was magic, IT'S WORKING NOW !!!. So thanks to someone at the Mod Team, if they did something. No worries now. Thanks again Shawn.

I've got 1 more phone (just activated fine) abd number to port over, fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Regards

BRCD

Thanks Shawn. I do believe I sent them most of that info. Just haven't heard anything and now I'm "dead in the water".

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BRCD, messages get answered in the order they are received.  There really isn't a way to tell if your PM has been received by a MOD.  If you go into your sent folder for private messages you will see a blue bar to the left of the message.  This means that your message hasn't been read (kind of) they can read it through email and I have had replies from them while it still shows my message to them as unread.  Here is the instructions I give to members to contact the mods and what info the MODS will require from you. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.