cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation - No Service

olgadeperez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated a new SIM with a new number last Saturday, still have no service. I have:

Restarted the phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
- Put phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

- Enabled the lost/ stolen feature logged out, waited 5 minutes, logged back in and taken it off. Logged out and restarted phone. 

- Submitted a ticket to the moderator team  (Submitted on Aug 4th, no response yet)

The Sim had never been activated before, but it was purchased last summer. Could this be the problem?

8 REPLIES 8

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@olgadeperez customer support is all done through private messaging. there are 2 icons on the top right corner, a bell icon and an envelope. check the envelope icon periodically, there will be a response from customer support there

@will13am wrote:

@olgadeperez wrote:

Thank you! I have done the network reset but no luck.

Waiting for a moderator now.

If you submitted the ticket on August 4 and still have not received a response, I suggest submitting another ticket.  It should not take this long for a response.  I have had tickets fall between the cracks.  

I too have fallen through that crack. It's lonely and cold down there.

glacier1_dongeyer_445x260.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@olgadeperez wrote:

If you submitted the ticket on August 4 and still have not received a response, I suggest submitting another ticket.  It should not take this long for a response.  I have had tickets fall between the cracks.  

olgadeperez

Thanks @olgadeperez while you await moderator response try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Stay safe. 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings. ...
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset settings. ...
  5. To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sim cards don't expire.  Try a network reset.

1. On the Home screen, tap Apps icon.
  2. Open Settings app.
  3. Tap General management.
  4. Tap Reset.
  5. Tap Reset network settings.
  6. Tap Reset settings to confirm.

If that does not work then you would need to wait for a moderator.

olgadeperez

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@olgadeperez you should have had service immediately. What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Your sim probably didn't provision properly. Contact the moderators again and ask them to fix it for you. 

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.