cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation, No Service

Wilyum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I signed up for a new account, activated my SIM card, but have no service.  My phone is unlocked, I tried resetting my phone, tried switching airplane mode off/on, any other suggestions?  Im not happy there is no technical support number with this carrier. Appreciate any help.

10 REPLIES 10

@Wilyum 

Nice.....a self solution! Seek and you shall find!

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wilyum Glad you got it going and welcome to Public Mobile!!

Yes it is a crucial step, but I believe it has been mentioned in the setup process

@Wilyum wrote:

Just read in another post to reinsert old sim card and reply to a text confirming a number change.  Have service now!  This extra step is important and should be added to the activation setup instructions, would of saved me hours of troubleshooting.  Thanks for the replies!

Hi @Wilyum nice to hear that you solved your own question.  Good for you!

BTW, on page 2 of activation this important step is already there but many customers (including me) don't read the fine prints.

New Activation Portal - Step 2  - for additional protection.png

Welcome to Public Mobile

Aloha

RosieR

@Wilyum 

This is the step almost everyone misses and it is an important one! People tend to skim over the PM steps while activating their new PM SIM.

Welcome to PM.

@Meow..

best to have your friend take a PM number to start with....then once he's happy with service he can initiate port of the old number to PM. Old service has to stay Active until port is complete so don't cancel it.

My friend is signing up with PM and would like to port his Rogers number.

What will be optimal way to proceed?

To sign up, get PM number, confirm service and THEN request porting?

OR

To request porting while signing up?

Rogers is down today so he might be without phone all day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wilyum : Glad you got it going. The opening activate page talks about it in step 2. But of course who reads stuff. 🙂

@Wilyum...

it mentions the old sim but instructions are vague at best. Welcome to PM.

hairbag1_0-1618846088730.png

If you are transferring your phone number, you will need:
  • Your account number from your old service provider or your existing mobile phone

• Your original SIM card & active service with your previous provider so that you can receive a number transfer request SMS

Wilyum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just read in another post to reinsert old sim card and reply to a text confirming a number change.  Have service now!  This extra step is important and should be added to the activation setup instructions, would of saved me hours of troubleshooting.  Thanks for the replies!

[Research pays off 😉 ........ Luddite]

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wilyum : What make/model/submodel phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.