cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation, No Data

klala072
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

I activated my new account on Aug 23 and my data (3G only) is not yet working. My account plan shows data used as 0. I have an LG G5 originally from Telus. I have rebooted, followed the instructions for APN settings, tried "WCDMA only" (then set the network back to auto).

I also tried PMing @CS_Agent last night but I haven't received any response yet. Is there other information I should be providing? Help would be so appreciated.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

klala072
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, everyone, for your responses! A factory reset was the answer. Much appreciated! 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@klala072 Check your APN type and have it set to "default" only. If that does not work, you might want to try resetting network settings or factory reset your phone. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@klala072 wrote:

Hi There,

I activated my new account on Aug 23 and my data (3G only) is not yet working. My account plan shows data used as 0. I have an LG G5 originally from Telus. I have rebooted, followed the instructions for APN settings, tried "WCDMA only" (then set the network back to auto).

I also tried PMing @CS_Agent last night but I haven't received any response yet. Is there other information I should be providing? Help would be so appreciated.

Thank you!

You need to do a network reset after switching provider before you are getting data.

After network reset, check your APN settings

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I hope one of the many LG owners on here is coming along soon to give more insight.

There have been previous reports that said some LG phones need a network reset or, if that fails, a factory reset to work properly after switching providers. Don't forget to back up your stored information.

Need Help? Let's chat.