cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Acct, Got 2 Texts Confirming My Chosen PIN and Also a Different PIN

RSole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up a new account chose a PIN, then when phone was activated I got 2 texts at the same time:

"Your new PIN is XXXX (my chosen one)" and the other text,

"Your new PIN is XXXX, a completely different number. What's going on?

11 REPLIES 11

@RSole wrote:

Now I'm confused. I dialed my number from a land line, pressed * and was told "enter your password". I tried both PINs that I was texted...no go. Went to "my profile" online to where it says " change password" and enter old password and enter new password twice. Now, will this change my online login password? I don't see where to enter a voicemai access password. Obviously I can't enter my acct password since it is alpha-numeric.

As from earlier discussion, your voicemail password is not your account PIN (unless you make them match).  They are different and separate things. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSole wrote:

Now I'm confused. I dialed my number from a land line, pressed * and was told "enter your password". I tried both PINs that I was texted...no go. Went to "my profile" online to where it says " change password" and enter old password and enter new password twice. Now, will this change my online login password? I don't see where to enter a voicemai access password. Obviously I can't enter my acct password since it is alpha-numeric.

Yeah. It got confused when it was said that they are the same. They aren't. In the self-serve, there is a change voicemail password or reset. Clicking that will reset the voicemail password to your 10 digit number.

The password you changed was your self-serve login password.

Edit: apologies geopublic...I quickly skimmed over your post.

@RSole wrote:

@RSole Login online and choose the reset my voicemail password. That will set your VM password to your telephone number.

Call area code + 580-4001 and follow the prompts.

RSole

Stay Safe!

@Jb456 wrote:

Try calling your voicemail. It might ask for pin , mine does ( but I can't remember is I set that up manually to ask each time or if it was default from beginning)

The voicemail password and account PIN are sepearate and are not the same number unless you had it set up that way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSole wrote:

I dialed 611, the recording immediately told me my balance was $2 (???) and no PIN was requested. I'm on the $15/mo, 100 min plan with autopay. So now I wonder why my balance is $2 and when is the PIN needed.

Choose one of the sub-options. It'll ask for a PIN.

The $2 is the initial credit you get when you set up autopay on initial activation.

Edit: The vm password *could* be the same but not likely.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

RSole

I dialed 611, the recording immediately told me my balance was $2 (???) and no PIN was requested. I'm on the $15/mo, 100 min plan with autopay. So now I wonder why my balance is $2 and when is the PIN needed.

@RSole wrote:

I set up a new account chose a PIN, then when phone was activated I got 2 texts at the same time:

The most recent message contains your account PIN. When an account is opened, a randomly generated account PIN is created (used when customer activates at a store).  A second PIN text message is the number that you chose when peforming an online account activation.  Obviously, double check which one is correct, but the correct PIN is the one identical to one that you picked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSole wrote:

I think that's normal. The chosen one technically should have arrived after the random one.

Call 611 and for one of the options that requires the PIN...see which one works.

Need Help? Let's chat.