cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account Set Up

JoanneTierney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, In setting up a new account I got as far as transferring my number but must have done something wrong as it was rejected. When I tried again I get invalid sim??

10 REPLIES 10

Kylie34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The same thing happened to me when I first signed up. I asked the same question and everyone said to just wait but I didn't want to wait so what I did was just closed the tab and then went right back on after and it worked no waiting necessary. Hope this helped!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JoanneTierney wrote:

Hello, In setting up a new account I got as far as transferring my number but must have done something wrong as it was rejected. When I tried again I get invalid sim??

@JoanneTierney  It's best to pick a temoprary number during activation. Once completed and you can access your selfserve account, then setup the port in as per suggestions in this thread.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JoanneTierney , as already noted your SIM card may be session locked for about an hour.  In the mean time, I suggest looking over this illustration on how to fill in the activation forms.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

jsmarjara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If Its Windows 10 PC you can open other browser and start Setting up account again.( IE, Edge , Chrome / Firefox if installed ) or you can go to IE settings and delete History.

Lucky.PNG

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @JoanneTierney 

It is very common actually

Sometimes it happens if you spend lots of time doing it (like when people pick numbers for long time)

Your sim should be free from session lock in an hour. Best to do it with clean cache in incognito mode

You have an option of picking up temporary phone number and testing and trying before porting. You can transfer your number any time out of your selfserve.

Note that some transfers will need help of moderators (Koodo prepaid for example)

Welcome to public mobile:)

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JoanneTierney  You might also want to switch to incognito  private mode.  Are you trying to port a number over ? What type of account and from which provider. Welcome to PM 

@JoanneTierney wrote:

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoanneTierney 

To port a number, your old number must be active.

You need to provide the following info to port a number:

1.  Account number

2.  Phone number to be ported

3.  Name on your account

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Restart your browser, clear history and use incognito mode (I had a similar problem when I signed up). Also you might need to wait a bit (1 hour) before you can do it again.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@JoanneTierney wrote:

Your SIM number may still be locked by your previous session.

When this happens, wait 1 hour to try again. Also good idea to clear your browser cache and open a new tab using private/incognito mode.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoanneTierney wrote:

Restart your browser and try again.  If failed again, you may need to wait 1 hour before trying again as your SIM card number may be still locked in your previous session.

Are you porting from a Koodo prepaid #?

If yes, get a PM number during activation.  After activation, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.