cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - Require SIM network PUK

sandeep
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello @CS_Agent,

I just setup a new account and ported my number. I phone says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

I have a unlock code however I require the PUK. 

Please help!

15 REPLIES 15

daigler

This is from the mods. 

"I kindly highlight the fact that we do no unlock devices that were not originally purchased at Telus Brands. However the codes provided are directly for the SIM, since you mentioned its the one required. Hence, if device keeps on asking for it, I will suggest you to call the point of purchase ( where the device was purchase originally) or even the manufacture company, for instance Samsung, Motorola, Apple, Huawei among other, so the UNLOCK CODE can be given to you."

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@daigler wrote:

could you just get a new SIM card or is it a phone issue?

I'm haing the same issue.

Depends if phone is asking for sim card puk or unlocking code network puk.  First one moderators can give, second code is the phone.

@cavemantoronto more significantly, the second one means you need to contact the provider that sold you the phone and get an unlock code from them.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@daigler wrote:

Depends if phone is asking for sim card puk or unlocking code network puk.  First one moderators can give, second code is the phone.

daigler

@cappaj wrote:

Thanks - that was the initial thought in my PMs with the moderators, but it turns out that's not what that specific message was looking for.

But good news! I contacted Samsung support - and it turns out what I needed was a "master code". They gave me that number (different from Fido's unlock code and Public Mobile's PUK) and it worked! I then reverted to a screen asking for "SIM network unlock PIN" - which you would *think* is supposed to mean the Public Mobile PIN of 1234 - but it doesn't! It's actually asking for the previous carrier's unlock code (in my case, Fido) - I entered that and it's working now!!!!!!!!!

It's been a terribly frustrating two days, so excuse my excitement for solving this. I thought I'd share all that detail here, since from my googling I know that others have had this problem, but I never found this actual solution spelled out anywhere.

Thanks for the update.

Most of the time when people are talking about PUK, they are refering to the PUK of a sim card.  This is because people sometimes experiment with the sim card secruity settings (such as making the phone ask for your sim card PIN every time you power up the phone).  When someone goes into these settings, the phone will ask you to input your sim card's PIN.  If someone tries guess the PIN incorrectly (which is set to 1234 by default for all Public Mobile sim cards unless someone changes it), the only way to use that sim card is to get the sim card's PUK.

For the network lock PUK, as you've already discovered, some phones have what they call an "unblock" code, different than the "unlock" code.  When someone enters a wrong unlocking code too many times, the user is locked out of unlocking the phone.  The unblock code simply resets the counter.  It's great to hear that the unlock code then worked.  Don't feel bad though because the wordings are so similar that unless you know your phone's software inside-out, it can be difficult to figure out which your phone is asking for.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@cappaj,

Thank you for sharing! 🙂 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks - that was the initial thought in my PMs with the moderators, but it turns out that's not what that specific message was looking for.

But good news! I contacted Samsung support - and it turns out what I needed was a "master code". They gave me that number (different from Fido's unlock code and Public Mobile's PUK) and it worked! I then reverted to a screen asking for "SIM network unlock PIN" - which you would *think* is supposed to mean the Public Mobile PIN of 1234 - but it doesn't! It's actually asking for the previous carrier's unlock code (in my case, Fido) - I entered that and it's working now!!!!!!!!!

It's been a terribly frustrating two days, so excuse my excitement for solving this. I thought I'd share all that detail here, since from my googling I know that others have had this problem, but I never found this actual solution spelled out anywhere.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there ! 😉

If the message "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." appears on your screen mean that your phone is locked. You can call your old provider and they will give you the SIM network PUK to unlock it.

If you have a problem again feel free to contact us! 😉 

Have a good day! 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm in the middle of trying to solve this same problem! Did you (or anyone else) ever figure out what your Samsung phone was actually asking for?

sandeep

It looks like the SIM is working in another phone, but not in the one that I was using previously. I suspect that the phone is locked and I cannot use that phone in order to use the public mobile service. Thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sandeep,

thank you for taking the time to write back to us !

I've just reviewed your messages with my colleagues, and we need to be sure of one thing. If the device asking you for a PUK specifically, or a network unlock code? 

It seems like the correct PUK was provided to you - this is attached to the SIM card. The network unlock code however, it to unlock your device and can only be given to you by Bell. 

Please confirm,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Contact the moderators again and let them know what’s going on. I’m sorry that’s the only advice I have. 

sandeep

Can anyone support? 

sandeep

The @CS_Agent has provided me with two PUK numbers and both are unsuccessful. 

Phone says

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anyone? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

In addition to tagging the moderator team, it is advisable to send them a private message with your account information.  This will be needed to process the request.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  

Need Help? Let's chat.