cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account Issues

mhkhaki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

A couple of days ago I bought a Public Mobile SIM and tried to activate it online. The website crashed after I put in my credit card details. When I tried to go through the process again, I got a message of 'invalid SIM'.

Sunsequently, my credit card was billed and the number that I was trying to port from Telus stopped working on the Telus SIM. When I try to plug int he Public Mobile SIM it doesn't work although the phone is compatible (iPhone 8).

I have tried messaging the moderator with no joy. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance.

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

megsypups
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! Have messaged them 🙂

mhkhaki

Issue resolved. Moderator escalated it and it is working now.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@megsypups wrote:

Hello,

The exact same thing happened to me too! I need to have this issue resolved ASAP.

I went online to activate my SIM card. The website crashed on the last confirmation page, at which point I had already entered all my details - including setting up autopay with my credit card. I tried to log back in but the SIM was now invalid. I tried to log into my account, but I got a message there was no account with my email, clearly when the website crashed the account did not get fully set up. However Public Mobile has been emailing the address I used to set up the account. 

The next day Public Mobile charged me credit card for the first payment.

Could the moderator please get in touch as soon as possible, clearly this is not an isolated incident.

Thank you

Hi there.   Just as  suggested to the other use having this issue, contact the moderators.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The link is above.  Good news the moderator had replied to other user.

Good luck and hope that it gets resolved

megsypups
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

The exact same thing happened to me too! I need to have this issue resolved ASAP.

I went online to activate my SIM card. The website crashed on the last confirmation page, at which point I had already entered all my details - including setting up autopay with my credit card. I tried to log back in but the SIM was now invalid. I tried to log into my account, but I got a message there was no account with my email, clearly when the website crashed the account did not get fully set up. However Public Mobile has been emailing the address I used to set up the account. 

The next day Public Mobile charged me credit card for the first payment.

Could the moderator please get in touch as soon as possible, clearly this is not an isolated incident.

Thank you

mhkhaki

Moderator just responded asking for more details. Hoping for a quick resolution!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Any luck with moderator response? I've just read the comment where somebody didn't get any response for 3 days

YVR

@mhkhakiLet us know when you hear back from the moderators and they fix the issue.  Just have to wait until that time.

@mhkhakiAt this stage you just have to be patient.. or if you really need service now.. you would have to activate a new account.. timely / immediate support is the downside of Public Mobile in order for you to save a few bucks / month.

mhkhaki

I tried on another phone, it didn’t work.

mhkhaki

Hi,

i couldnt find this in settings. Are these iPhone instructions?

Thanks.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you try your sim in another phone? If you could, I'd really like to know the result. 

The reason I would like to know is that these types of issues always end up going to moderators and would love the community to have a chance to solve it here.

goldilock

@mhkhaki  It is possible that your Sim is activated but since you said it's not connected to the network, then you can manually connect to it. Here's what to do:

Please try the following:

1. Open the Apps list and tap Settings > More... > Cellular networks

> Network operators > Search networks.

2. Your phone will search for available networks.

3. Select your preferred network from the list generated. You phone

will attempt to register on the selected network.

Please respond if this resolved the issue.Good luck 

lubinyeee23

Try setting up your account through another web extension (chrome vs. firefox) or an incognito window, I also had the "invalid sim" issue when registering with Public Mobile.

@mhkhaki 

Unfortunately, you will likely need to wait for moderator response.  Account activation issue.  If you have not heard from moderator in 48 hours, I would send another private message again.  

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether potential hardware issue versus PM Service issue.  Likely PM service issue and you have to wait for moderator.  

@mhkhaki wrote:

It says no service. I never got a welcome email from Public Mobile. 

@mhkhaki  In that case unfortunately you will have to wait for the moderator to fix it because as others have mentioned you account was not provisioned properly.

Need to be patient and hope that the moderator team can fix it in a short amount of time 

@mhkhakiUnfortunately it means your account was not provisioned correctly.. only a Moderator can fix that.

mhkhaki

It says no service. I never got a welcome email from Public Mobile. 

mhkhaki

I tried using it with the Public Mobile SIM, it doesn't connect to the network.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mhkhaki  when you insert the sim card does it connect to PM? Do you see a no service? What is the exact message? Also, did you receive an email from PM?

Remove the sim from the phone power down the phone for 15 minutes and try again.

Does it connect to the network?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you try to use it? If you were charged that means your account it's probably active, to gain access to it you will need to create your selfserve about because it looks like that was not created. Try creating it https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration

GR
Mayor / Maire

Can take up to 72 hours or more but usually less than 48.

mhkhaki

That is ridiculous!

mhkhaki

Yes, I put in an email address, password etc. Filled in everything, it just crashed after I submitted credit card details. 

How long do the moderators take? My phone number is not usable.

JPM1988
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good luck with the mods 108 hours and counting for a mod to reply for me so far and day six into the issue

GR
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like if you'll have to wait for the moderators. Do you remember putting an email address and password to create the account when you activated?  Maybe you can't access it because it's not provisioned properly and it will work after the moderators fix it

mhkhaki

I'm unable to log into the self-serve account. It's as if it doesn't exist. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mhkhaki you're on the right track, if you messaged the moderators now you have to wait.  Can you log in to your self serve public mobile account to see if it says active?  

Need Help? Let's chat.