cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unlock code

EChiu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is a Samsung S6 (an unlock phone from Staples). Recently I went to Korea and bought a SIM card and the phone prompted with network unlock code. Today, I tried with my son's Rogers SIM card, it also prompted me with unlock code. I know that my S6 is an unlock phone otherwise I can't use PM. So I don't understand why my phone was lock under PM. And how can I get it unlock.

2 REPLIES 2

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@EChiu wrote:

My phone is a Samsung S6 (an unlock phone from Staples). Recently I went to Korea and bought a SIM card and the phone prompted with network unlock code. Today, I tried with my son's Rogers SIM card, it also prompted me with unlock code. I know that my S6 is an unlock phone otherwise I can't use PM. So I don't understand why my phone was lock under PM. And how can I get it unlock.

Some of the Samsung phone are unlocked.  But it will lock to first provider when you insert your SIM.  In your case, your S6 is locked to PM.

Since you purchased your phone in Canada, ask Samsung Canada for the unlock code.  Good luck.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not lock phones.  Try contacting Samsung to unlock your phone.

1. Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170
  2. Inform the rep that you would like to unlock you S6 and provide the IMEI & Carrier info.
Need Help? Let's chat.