cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network selected (Public Mobile) not working. Unable to connect. Try later.

carloscmd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently i bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. SM-N950W, before insert/start using my sim card i set it up (this includes setting the date/time and Time Zone) and fully updated it. 

Some informaiton in the about phone section:
Phone Number: 1-647-***-**30 (i replace the real phone number with *)
Android Security patch level: April 1, 2018.
Android Version: 8.0

Mobile Networks section (default information after inserted the sim card):

Network Mode: LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect).

Access Point Names:
Name: Mobile Internet.
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN type: internet + mms
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: 40

Network Operators: now shows: Rogers. before was: BELL

I checked in the PM community, and found a good article to set the APN information and verify the phone's compatibility; by the way this phone is fully compatible with PM network; then i decided to set up a new APN with the information in there, by the way that information is quite different to what is in my SIM card (MMSC proxy, MMS port and the Mobile virtual network values), i did a search for networks and the following operators were diaplayed in this order: Public Mobile, EXT, Bell, Freedom, tap on Public Mobile and after a while trying to connect, it shows a message, Unable to connect. Try later.

I tried as well to change the already existing APN (Name: Mobile Internet), reset to defaults (this operation deleted the APN added manunually and set the APN settings to their default valued/)

Also there is another APN (information below) that i used to try to connect but having the same result.

Name: Tethered mobile Internet.
APN: isp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: Not set
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN type: dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: 40

Other things that i did:

I inserted my sim card in my wife's phone and it worked (i did some calls, i did not try to send sms or browse internet), when i checked my wife's phone, i realized that it has a lot of APN settings, Koodos, Telus, PM, etc, crazy thing!.

I could not test my wife's sim card in my phone because it is a PM micro sim card and this card cannot fit in the Note 8 (it uses nano sim card). By the way, my card is a PM standard sim card that you can "beak down" in a micro or nano, so it fits in any phone. My wife's sim card cannot be "disasembled" maybe because it is an old card. (grandfathered account).

I tried several things, removed sim card, shut down device, factory reset, etc, etc, several times for almost 2 days.

No matter what i do, i cannot get connected to the PM network. Any idea?

Regards...

Carlos

30 REPLIES 30
Need Help? Let's chat.