cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network not available

eddy0000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've just inserted a newly activated PM SIM card in an unlocked iphone4.  I am getting network: not available and carrier: not available.

Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

SamVanderhoek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you put the SIM card into your phone did it ask you for a SIM Unlocking Pin or anything Similar? If it did it means ther phone is still locked & you'll have to contact your previous provider to get it unlocked (There wont be a charge for unlocking unless you go to a 3rd party Unlocking service.

If you know for a fact that the Phone is Unlocked and it is still not working, it could mean the Device has been blacklisted in the past (reported Lost/Stolen). To see if this is the issue go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started and put your phone's IMEI number into the Compatability Checker. Your Phones IMEI number is located in your Phone's Settings under the "About Device" tab.

If the IMEI check turns up negative, and you're phone is not Blacklisted, it's an issue with the Sim card itself, The Moderator team should be able to perform a sim Swap to correct the Issue.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@eddy0000 

It is possible that your sim is activated and not connected to the network so try to manually connect to it. 

Try the following:

1. Open the Apps list and tap Settings > More... > Cellular networks

> Network operators > Search networks.

2. Your phone will search for available networks.

3. Select your preferred network from the list generated. You phone

will attempt to register on the selected network.

See if this works! hope it helps!

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It does sound locked. If it is, you will have to call the previous provider and have them unlock it. There is no charge and they have to do it (unless the phone is blacklisted).

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@eddy0000Swap your SIM card into a working phone. This would narrow down whether it is an activation problem or a phone problem (locked or not). Tell us the result and we can point you where to go next.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eddy0000 wrote:

I've just inserted a newly activated PM SIM card in an unlocked iphone4.  I am getting network: not available and carrier: not available.

Any advice?

Honestly, it sounds like the phone isn't unlocked. It could also be not compatible, but if it came from a Canadian Carrier it should be probably okay. Have you tried resetting the phone? Tried the SIM in another phone?

Is your account showing active in the self-service area? (My Account on the upper left).

There is the lost stolen trick you could try in the self-service area where you report your phone lost, wait about 5 minutes (give or take) and then report it found. It reprovisions your SIM and it sometimes jumpstarts wonky SIM issues..

Need Help? Let's chat.