cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network not available?

F9ne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ported my number over from Telus to PM, this is my first time using the service. I have put the new SIM in and have everything all registered. Waited about 20 minutes now and have still not been able to connect to the network. I have manually tried connecting to it as well, no luck. Any suggestions?Mobile network.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

FYI - a post marked as a solution can be unmarked as a solution.  How?

Go to the post you marked as a solution.  In place of "Accept as Solution", you will be able to select "Not the Solution".

F9ne

Noted. Thank you 🙂

Didn't actually mean to do that.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Psssst... as this community forum offers monetary rewards based on participation it is bad form to mark your own post as the solution except in very select circumstances. In this instance, someone offered you the solution and as a thank you should be rewarding them by marking their post as the solution to your inquiry. 

I’m sure nothing was meant by marking your own post as the solution but just wanted to give you a heads up. Welcome to the forum!

@F9ne wrote:

Unfortunately I have recieved no such confirmation.

I will try rebooting and contact a moderator if it does not sort itself out.

Thank you!

F9ne

Unfortunately I have recieved no such confirmation.

I will try rebooting and contact a moderator if it does not sort itself out.

Thank you!

@luke11992 wrote:

Did you get the confirmation text from Public Mobile that your number successfully ported?

In a sitation like this, a customer cannot have received such a text message (or any other text message) because he or she can't connect to the network. 

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you get the confirmation text from Public Mobile that your number successfully ported?

Unregistered sim means that your service was never activated. Phones will also sometimes say this when you have a sim card inserted that is associated with a cancelled service.  Since you have completing everything on your end for setting up your account, the issue is most likely on the Public Mobile end.  Try rebooting your phone, but I strongly suspect you'll have to get a moderator to help you with this.

Need Help? Let's chat.