Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locked sim card inserted

amitpatel462
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I ported out my bell phone to public mobile 

I changed bell sim card to public mobile sim card. I know phone is unlocked because I bought it from Costco Canada.  After inserting public mobile sim card,  I am getting this message 

invalid Sim card,   Network Locked Sim Card Inserted 

Give me solution please.  I  know my phone is unlocked 

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

@amitpatel462 wrote:

Hi 

I ported out my bell phone to public mobile 

I changed bell sim card to public mobile sim card. I know phone is unlocked because I bought it from Costco Canada.  After inserting public mobile sim card,  I am getting this message 

invalid Sim card,   Network Locked Sim Card Inserted 

Give me solution please.  I  know my phone is unlocked 

TIA

As you now know, your phone wasn't unlocked. At some Costco locations, they put up a sign that says for some Samsung phones saying how they will work with any of the Canadain carriers but that you must contact Samsung Canada to have to phone unlocked again after inserting a SIM card.  Samsung doesn't do this for all models, but did from some of them a that were original released a few years ago. During this carrier locking process, the phone also forcibly does a factory reset after the user inserts the first SIM card.

amitpatel462

Yes you are right 

Thanks for reply 

amitpatel462

Yes. You are right. 

Thanks for reply 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like your phone is locked to Bell.  If you have another phone try swapping it to see if it works.  If it does then you would have to contact Bell.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@amitpatel462  Your phone is LOCKED. Call Bell for unlock code. If it's a Samsung. You can go to Samsung Canada Website and open a live chat to get the code.

Need Help? Let's chat.