cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locked sim card inserted ?

DHeidt63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am using a Sumsung phone and just set up account and inserted SIM card in phone and now it says Network Locked Sim Card Inserted. Why is this happening ? The phone is an unlocked phone. Can anyone help ?

5 REPLIES 5

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DHeidt63 wrote:

I am using a Sumsung phone and just set up account and inserted SIM card in phone and now it says Network Locked Sim Card Inserted. Why is this happening ? The phone is an unlocked phone. Can anyone help ?

Like others have mentioned, your Samsung phone that you thought was unlocked but it isn't.  A lot pre 2017 Samsung Phones lock to the Provider whose Sim you put into it for the first time.   You have two options, you could contact Samsung live chat or your Previous Provider and they will provide you with a code to unlock it Permanently 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DHeidt63 wrote:

You may have bought an unlocked Samsung but some of them will then lock to the network of the First sim installed in them.  You can contact your previous provider or even try the online chat feature with Samsung

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DHeidt63 wrote:

@DHeidt63 

Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock  code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.