cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network PUK code

MJH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Galaxay Samsung A5 phone.  I had the unlock code for the SIM and I tried to unlock it and after the 3rd try it is asking me for the SIM network PUK.  I need to unlock the network but after talking to my previous carrier without any resolution they told me it had to be public mobile that would have the code.  Would appreciate if I could get some help to solve this.  I checked the IMEI and it said the phone was compatible with PUblic Mobile.

2 REPLIES 2

MJH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried your suggestion but it seems like it is the Public Mobile SIM that is locked....not sure though.  No one seems to be able to help me.  I private messaged a moderator and awaiting reply.  Thanks for responding so quickly.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had the same problem, getting bounced back and forth between Fido and PM. But eventually I got it sorted out!

For me on my Samsung S7, these are the messages/prompts I was shown and what they meant:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this (I got it by contacting Samsung support through Live Chat on the Samsung website).

"SIM network unlock PIN"

- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

Need Help? Let's chat.