cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Not Available!!!

Aminak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account is active; also my phone is compatible with Public Mobile (iphone x) but still showing netwrok not available, please help!!

22 REPLIES 22

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sandpublic wrote:

I don't agree the only reason it lists 2G is because it uses the same frequencies as 3G so that isn't a good enough reason to dismiss the site 

@sandpublic while the cause may (or not) be as you state, this is actually a very serious issue becuase it can give people with phones from overseas region the false impression that their phones will work with PM, Koodo, Telus, Lucky, Virgin, or Bell, when they won't.  

@sandpublic wrote:

Ok thanks. Is there a better site you can recommend for future reference?

@sandpublic for compatibility checks, the community likes https://www.willmyphonework.net, and if the phone isn't available there, post the model here and we can look up the specs to check manually.  The other site is generally fine for APN config steps, other than talking about IMEI whitelisting in this case.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Aminak, in that case, message the moderators if you haven't already done so. Let them know your SIM is not activated correctly.

Note for others: APN info is irrelevant for network connectivity, voice calls and texting.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

I don't agree the only reason it lists 2G is because it uses the same frequencies as 3G so that isn't a good enough reason to dismiss the site 

I'd take the site with a grain of salt as a lot of the information there is quite dated (they seemed to copy-and-paste bits and pieces to make it look updated/relevant):

This what stood out to me, at least, before doing further fact-checking of details there.  That they're suggesting setting APN and MMS settings for an iPhone already had me dismissing its credibility...

Ok thanks. Is there a better site you can recommend for future reference?

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sandpublic wrote:

I'd take the site with a grain of salt as a lot of the information there is quite dated (they seemed to copy-and-paste bits and pieces to make it look updated/relevant):

This what stood out to me, at least, before doing further fact-checking of details there.  That they're suggesting setting APN and MMS settings for an iPhone already had me dismissing its credibility...

sandpublic

@sheytoon wrote:

@sandpublic, that website is not accurate. It also says Public Mobile has a 2G GSM network, which is false.

Telus (PM) does not block Apple IMEIs from accessing their network, unless a phone is on the national blacklist (which it's not - it works on Fido).

Issue seems to be with account provisioning.

@Aminak, has this SIM ever worked in another phone?

Aminak

No @sheytoon this sim is new, I just got it Last week

@sandpublic, that website is not accurate. It also says Public Mobile has a 2G GSM network, which is false.

Telus (PM) does not block Apple IMEIs from accessing their network, unless a phone is on the national blacklist (which it's not - it works on Fido).

Issue seems to be with account provisioning.

@Aminak, has this SIM ever worked in another phone?

sandpublic

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@nigel_h  thanks for the link. @Aminak  according to that link you might have to contact Public Mobile to allow your IMEI to use their network, So at this point it's best

@sandpublic I.....don't think that's needed.  I'm going to tag @CalgaryBen for his iPhone expertise here.  Ben, sir, any ideas?

From the document that @nigel_h linked it states clearly that for the iPhone x public mobile only allows certain ranges of IMEI so if your IMEI is not in the range it won't work. Since you mentioned it works for FIDO then it probably is not in the range

That why you need to contact the moderator for help.

Good Luck!

CalgaryBen

@Aminak wrote:

Yes the ICC is matching, network is showing not available, carrier is showing Public Mobile 35.0 and version is showing 12.1.4 (16D57).

Fido sim is working on my mobile. 

Okay, thanks for checking and reporting those.  What do you see under Settings --> Cellular --> Network Selection?  Ensure "Automatic" is enabled.

Also did you already go through the Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings, and then let it reboot?

Aminak

Yes the ICC is matching, network is showing not available, carrier is showing Public Mobile 35.0 and version is showing 12.1.4 (16D57).

Fido sim is working on my mobile. 

CalgaryBen

@Aminak wrote:

My account is active; also my phone is compatible with Public Mobile (iphone x) but still showing netwrok not available, please help!!

@Aminak are you able to provide a screen shot of the display under Settings --> General --> About?  If not, that's okay... but want to know what's displayed for "Network", "Version", "Carrier".  Also, jot down the ICCID and see if it matches the SIM card (no need to pull it if you still have the carrier card... it's the 18-19 digit number that starts with 89...).  And no need to post your ICC ID here; just want to ensure the phone is reading it.

TBH I'm not entirely familiar with the iPhone X, and find it annoying that Apple reduced the real estate at the top, so the carrier (or traditional "No Service" or "No SIM") text doesn't appear.  What carrier was the phone most recently used with?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sandpublic wrote:

@nigel_h  thanks for the link. @Aminak  according to that link you might have to contact Public Mobile to allow your IMEI to use their network, So at this point it's best

@sandpublic I.....don't think that's needed.  I'm going to tag @CalgaryBen for his iPhone expertise here.  Ben, sir, any ideas?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sandpublic

@nigel_h wrote:

Have you confirmed your APN settings are correct?

Check here for instructions: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-x

@nigel_h  thanks for the link. @Aminak  according to that link you might have to contact Public Mobile to allow your IMEI to use their network, So at this point it's best if you 

send a message to the @moderator_team by clicking on the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

nigel_h
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you confirmed your APN settings are correct?

Check here for instructions: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-x

sandpublic

@Aminak wrote:

This the first time I am trying the phone with public mobile.

There are no signals on the top right of the phone, hope that helps you understand the problem

Was this phone used at another provider? Is it locked to that provider? Disd you also try the network reset?

sandpublic

@Aminak wrote:

Yes, it did not work 😞

To eliminate the possibility of a bad SIM card do you have another phone that you can test the SIM with?

Aminak

Yes, it did not work 😞

Aminak

This the first time I am trying the phone with public mobile.

There are no signals on the top right of the phone, hope that helps you understand the problem

sandpublic

@Aminak wrote:

Yes it was working before and it is not locked, model A1901

Have you attempted to power off, and turn it back on? As strange as it sounds, this fixes a lot of issues.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Aminak, if this phone was working before on the Public Mobile network but is not working right now and the account is in active status, try performing a network reset.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204051

If network reset doesn't sold the problem try shutting down the phone, removing and reinserting the SIM card, restart phone.

Aminak

Yes it was working before and it is not locked, model A1901

sandpublic

@Aminak wrote:

Has it ever worked? Is your phone locked to another provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.