cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to update credit card for Autopay

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got a new credit card and would need to update my credit card info, do I remove my autopay first than reenter it?  I am new to this

9 REPLIES 9

Regarding the edit function, I can't recall whether it previously worked for me or not.

I've changed the payment device twice in 3 years, once due to fraud (not Public Mobile), and once because my card was being discontinued (prepaid service).

I'm now on another prepaid credit card service, which is working fine and dandy!  Yes, I said dandy!

I know my most recent change I did delete the previous card, as that account was no longer able to be used.

@popping wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@popping wrote:

@danlee wrote:

I got a new credit card and would need to update my credit card info, do I remove my autopay first than reenter it?  I am new to this

The edit function does not work.  Delete the old credit card entry and add the credit card info again.  You don't need to disable the autopay first.  Make sure your autopay is still enabled after adding the new credit card info.

@popping  The update function worked for me.

Thanks.  Nice to know that it is working now.

It didn't work for me either, but it's been 6 months since I did it last so maybe they fixed it

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@popping wrote:

@danlee wrote:

The edit function does not work.  Delete the old credit card entry and add the credit card info again.  You don't need to disable the autopay first.  Make sure your autopay is still enabled after adding the new credit card info.

Thanks.  Nice to know that it is working now.

@popping wrote:

@danlee wrote:

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@danlee wrote:

Update:  As reported by @geopublic , the edit function is working now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee  - that should not be necessary.  Just replace the card.  Then, check to make sure autopay is still enabled.  Also, You might want to run your browser in privacy/incognito mode, to avaid browser glitches that sometimes happen with CC updates.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Yes that's correct first remove the old one than enter the new one, I suggest withdrawing the payment right away just to make sure

I always top up manually

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@danlee wrote:

@danlee 

If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card. 

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@danlee wrote:

Go here MANAGE MY CARD in orange...

4409C42E-B7C0-47CF-A4B6-AA5BD0B176B0.png

Need Help? Let's chat.