cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need to report my phone

Can someone please tell me how I would get my phone re-ported?

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Need to report my phone


@SylvieL9797 wrote:

Can someone please tell me how I would get my phone re-ported?

 


@SylvieL9797Can you explain what you mean? Do you have an active account? How do you know it failed? Are you looking to port a different number over an existing number that was ported?

 

Did you try to port a number from another provider to public mobile and it failed? How long ago did you try it? Did you get a voicemail / call from public mobile to send them more information for the port?


We're you looking to port out of public mobile? Or port here? Will it be a new or existing account? Is the number you want to port currently active and in good standing?

 
Or do you mean "report" your phone- as in its lost or stolen and you want to add it to the national blacklist?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Need to report my phone

No I can only text of get calls from Public mobile customers.  I saw another question on here and they reported the # for the customer and they said it worked. I just switched to Public yesterday.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Need to report my phone


@SylvieL9797 wrote:

No I can only text of get calls from Public mobile customers.  I saw another question on here and they reported the # for the customer and they said it worked. I just switched to Public yesterday.


@SylvieL9797

 

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

 

If the issue continues (24 hours cell, 48 hours landline) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

 

Oracle

Re: Need to report my phone


@RobertQc wrote:

@SylvieL9797 wrote:

No I can only text of get calls from Public mobile customers.  I saw another question on here and they reported the # for the customer and they said it worked. I just switched to Public yesterday.


@SylvieL9797

 

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

 

If the issue continues (24 hours cell, 48 hours landline) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

 


Robert, friendly reminder, phones with removable batteries are a thing of the past.  Just reboot should suffice. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Need to report my phone

Tried taking cim out and battery and still nothing.

 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Need to report my phone

Do the moderators reply quickly? I emailed a bit ago.

Oracle

Re: Need to report my phone


@SylvieL9797 wrote:

Do the moderators reply quickly? I emailed a bit ago.


You will have to wait at least 24-48 hours. And you mean you sent them a private message and not email?


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Need to report my phone

Yes a private message

Mayor / Maire

Re: Need to report my phone


@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@SylvieL9797 wrote:

No I can only text of get calls from Public mobile customers.  I saw another question on here and they reported the # for the customer and they said it worked. I just switched to Public yesterday.


@SylvieL9797

 

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

 

If the issue continues (24 hours cell, 48 hours landline) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

 


Robert, friendly reminder, phones with removable batteries are a thing of the past.  Just reboot should suffice. 


@will13amSmiley Happy I do agree a reboot should suffice. I don't really want to disagree with you but *says as nicely as possible* thats not entirely accurate. While it has been phased out for most new phones, there are some manufactures today still releasing phones with removable batteries (Nokia 1, released this year its available and instock at the local bestbuy.ca store), and as a budget carrier (who supplies 0 phones to customers) I can say wiith confidence there are users here using less than the most recent and greatest phones. In my case almost everyone I know that I brought to public mobile has a removable battery, which I had to remove while sticking in their sim card.


Both the LG G5 /V20 is an impressive phone 4gb ram, snapdragon 820 and also removable. (Maybe not impressive to someone with a S9 but its a flagship to my current google nexus which is serving me well, as my primary phone) Moto E4 are also not bad and pretty common, Let's not forget one of the most popular line of phones- Samsung Galaxy and all of them before the 6 had (when the went to non-removeable). My mom still uses the S5 here and I actually just got her a new battery on ebay and rear door cover lol.

 

I find its easier to explain to someone like my newest referal (who literaly is having trouble grasping the "back" button)- example in messages inside a conversation to hit back to go back to main messages interface. He keeps hitting the home center button, reclicking message and doesn't understand how to get out of that one conversation... YOU HAVE TO HIT THE BACK BUTTON! lol I try to keep calm. To explain just "pull out your battery" vs trying to explain to hold the power button and select the reboot (which he still doesn't understand the difference between the side power button and the home key on his old samsung)