cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need sim swap

smallhaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

London Drugs told me my self serve account was set up when I moved my number to you a few months ago. I lost my phone and have bought a new sim and London drugs says they can't help. Without a self serve account I am unable to activate my new sim in new phone. Please help this is a business line! Xxx 

Removed personal Info by mimmo

8 REPLIES 8

@Gregmt, the OP can not call 611 as they do not have the active SIM for their account.  It was lost with the phone, and as a result, until the contact the moderator(s), they will have no access to make an account, as the process sends a confirmation via SMS to activate the account with the phone number.

@smallhaul, your only option is to wait for Moderator_Team assist if you've already sent in a private message.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@smallhaul  Just a note you might want to read the Terms of Service if you want to make a claim

For business customers

What do I need to do to make a claim?

If you are a business customer, any claim, other than the collection of amounts owing to Public Mobile, relating to (i) your Agreement; (ii) use of the device or the service; (iii) sales materials or advertising relating to the device or the service; or (iv) relationships with third parties arising through use of the service, must be referred to private and confidential arbitration before a single arbitrator chosen by the parties. The expense of arbitration will be shared equally.

Notice to arbitrate a claim should be sent to Public Mobile, 25 York Street, 24th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2S5, Attention: General Counsel. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the current rules relating to commercial arbitration in the province in which you reside. Additionally, you waive any right you may have to start or participate in any class action against Public Mobile and you agree to opt out of any class proceeding against Public Mobile.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go online and set up your online account if you have not already done so. You can do this by logging onto the Public Mobile website. On the main page click on my account. From the next page you will see on the far right "create account". Click on " create account". Next you will enter your email address that was used when you Set up   your cell service with Public Mobile and your Public Mobile cell number. Once you have this done it will take you to your online account for your Public Mobile service. Once in that screen make sure you are in the "Overview" section of your account. Once there in that screen you will see to the far right , " change SIM card" click on that and follow the self guided steps to set up your new SIM on your account. Pop in the newly activated SIM into your phone and you should be good to go. 

Cheers . 

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@smallhaul wrote:

London Drugs told me my self serve account was set up when I moved my number to you a few months ago. I lost my phone and have bought a new sim and London drugs says they can't help. Without a self serve account I am unable to activate my new sim in new phone. Please help this is a business line! Xxx 

Removed personal Info by mimmo

At one point; I'm thinking you must of setup a self-serve account using an email address.  You may want to search your email history for emails from public mobile.  You can recovery your password through the forgotten password recovery option.  You can easily swap the SIM yourself after you've logged back in.  I would contact a mod in parallel (link) to the password recovery option, just in case things don't work out and you need a mods assistance.

If you've never had an online account and have always paid using vouchers through the "611" option?  You should contact a mod (link).

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smallhaul If you have just lost your phone, you can go to My Account and report a phone lost. And then you have your new SIM card to replace the lost one. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR wrote:

Hi @smallhaul Do remove your email from your mesage as this is a publiclly accessible website. Most peole that respond and help here are just regular users like you, so we can't access your records.

You will have better luck contacting the Moderators_Team by clicking here; expect to hear from them via the envelope icon on the top right hand corner.. If it lights up with a number it indicates you have a message. Do expect your requests to be answered can be up to 2 days depending on volume. They work on EST: M-F 8AM - 12AM, S-S 8AM - 10PM.

I am not sure what records you can use to verify your identity, perhaps dig up the original receipt LD gave you? It might have the SIM serial number on there.

Just a quick note, in case you plan to fill out the name by hand in your private message, it's actually Moderator_Team without the 's'. But yes, I agree with @GinYVR that the moderators are your best bet in this situation. 🙂

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @smallhaul Do remove your email from your mesage as this is a publiclly accessible website. Most peole that respond and help here are just regular users like you, so we can't access your records.

You will have better luck contacting the Moderators_Team by clicking here; expect to hear from them via the envelope icon on the top right hand corner.. If it lights up with a number it indicates you have a message. Do expect your requests to be answered can be up to 2 days depending on volume. They work on EST: M-F 8AM - 12AM, S-S 8AM - 10PM.

I am not sure what records you can use to verify your identity, perhaps dig up the original receipt LD gave you? It might have the SIM serial number on there.

PS Wait! can you get into your selfserve account? ie your email and password in the MyAccount in the top right.  If so you can just change your SIM there.

like below, you know by self serving?:

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #

Need Help? Let's chat.