cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need phone number / SIM reset for new account

parom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

guys, what is going on with your system. new customer, waiting for basic SIM card set up, service looks not existent so far.

i went to the chatbot to try to get the Mod Team, i go through the troubleshooting tree where i can finally contact a mod, i click the "contact" option, it pops open a new window and i get 403 Forbidden. please fix your server.

i'm trying to set up a new account. i put in my existing Fido cell number +1xxxxxxxx on the create new account page Step 1 -- I did not get an SMS, Public Mobile page was just stuck on loading loading loading.

if i try to go through the same process, I cannot create a new account because apparently that number already exists in your system. now I'm stuck in an endless loop, please reset your system so i can set up this new SIM card.

Edit:  Phone number redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

11 REPLIES 11

@parom wrote:

Yes, was just going through the process before I replied. Thank you darlicious, this was exactly the problem. Awesome. Thank you very much. 🙂

I'm happy it all worked out for you. Public Mobile is a bit of trial and error but you will get the hang of it. You are very welcome the community is always here to help you . welcome to public mobile.

@Alan_K  If you really want data on issues, post an announcement. This thread will be pretty much invisible in 10 minutes. Plus, it is marked "solved".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@parom wrote:

guys, what is going on with your system. new customer, waiting for basic SIM card set up, service looks not existent so far.

i went to the chatbot to try to get the Mod Team, i go through the troubleshooting tree where i can finally contact a mod, i click the "contact" option, it pops open a new window and i get 403 Forbidden. please fix your server.

i'm trying to set up a new account. i put in my existing Fido cell number +1xxxxxxxx on the create new account page Step 1 -- I did not get an SMS, Public Mobile page was just stuck on loading loading loading.

if i try to go through the same process, I cannot create a new account because apparently that number already exists in your system. now I'm stuck in an endless loop, please reset your system so i can set up this new SIM card.

Edit:  Phone number redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

Hi @parom , I wanted to double click on the 403 error you got (or anyone who sees this message!).

Can you let me know what browser you were using? What page did you access the chatbot from?

Thanks,

Alan

Super happy I helped. Welcome to public mobile!

parom

Yes, was just going through the process before I replied. Thank you darlicious, this was exactly the problem. Awesome. Thank you very much. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@parom wrote:

I hope this worked for you....sounds like that was the problem you were experiencing. Been there!

The activation page has to have an hour to reset. If you keep trying it wont be able to. Once an hour passes clear your browser history...go into secret mode and try again. Be patient try to click only once. Don't forget the referral code on the first page. If you have a promo code it's on the pick a plan page. Don't pick an add on you can choose one once you are set up. Good luck.

@paromIt will take them up to 48hours + (some report even more) before the moderators will get around to you.. so be patient is the key.. since this is the lowest tier of Telus corp.. that's to be expected.

parom

Yes, I did send a private message to the moderators yesterday. I sent two, in case the first one didn't get through. No response.

Send a private message to the moderators.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

parom
Need Help? Let's chat.