cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with port

Dufourd1981
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I need help with a port. What info do the moderator need? Been waiting like 4 hours 

10 REPLIES 10

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is unusual to take this long but it can take up to 3 days at times. Have you tried setting up the port yourself through self serve ? 

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can set up the port yourself in your online account. When you first log into your online account you will see the overview page. While there look to the far right side of the page. Look for "change my number" link there on the right. Once you click this link it will take you to a page that will ask you if you if  want to keep / port a number from your old provider. You will chose that option. Next enter the info that site asks for ( at least fill in 2 of the field asked for) and make sure you enter the number you want to port over. Also good idea to enter the account number of the old provider you are porting from. Please note that if you have cancelled service with your old provider , you will not be able to port your old number to Public Mobile. The old number you want to port to Public must be active at the time the port is requested. 

Cheers .

@Dufourd1981 wrote:

I still have a temporary number with a public. My lucky Mobile number hasn't come over. It's been like 4 hours 

I'm willing to wager that if you make an outgoing call, the number that you are trying to port in will show on the other phone's screen. Public Mobile replaces that temporary phone number immediately as soon as you submit the request, even if the information submitted about the odl carrier's account isn't correct.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dufourd1981 wrote:

I still have a temporary number with a public. My lucky Mobile number hasn't come over. It's been like 4 hours 

If your old number is not shown on the "Plan and Add-ons" page, your port has not started yet. (i.e. step 1 was not done yet.  Refer to my 2 stage process post above.

Hi @Dufourd1981 

What does your self serve show as your number when you go to plans and add-ons?

Did you get the confirmation that port is initiated.

If you still have pm temp number then go ahead and attempt to port again

Dufourd1981
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

popping

@Dufourd1981 

Additional info about porting process:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

One more thing if you already contacted moderators you will get the response on private messages inbox, watch out for that envelope in top right corner

Welcome to public mobile:)

popping

@Dufourd1981 wrote:

Hello I need help with a port. What info do the moderator need? Been waiting like 4 hours 

To port a number to PM, your number must be an active number before it can be port.

You need to provide the following info:

1.  Your phone number to be ported

2.  Your account number

3.  Name on your account. must be exactly the same as shown in your statement.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can reach moderators here

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

They may take up to 24 hours

Where are you putting from?

Did you already activate with a temporary number

If not you can reach them directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

What issues do you have with the port

Need Help? Let's chat.