cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help porting my number from koodo

stevenca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all. I need an admin to help me port my number from koodo please.

I tried msging one but it says I have reached my limit even though I haven't successfuly sent any yet...any help appreciated ! I am all set up and have working service...just need my number ported.

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tammyt76, Don't forget to remove your phone number from your first post.

...and welcome to Public Mobile.

Tammyt76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will forget about the port and use this number 

Tammyt76

Koodo is gone for the night too i will just have to forget about the port and give my new number out that is ur number i have to get to bed now early morning 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy.  Unfortunately, the mods are gone for the night.  They will only be back at 9AM(EST).  They handle requests on a first-come basis.  If your Koodo account renews, I'm guessing you would not be able to get a refund for the plan when you port out.  Any chance you could at least reduce that plan to a super basic plan, just to limit your losses?

Also, don't forget to edit your first post (remove phone number)

Tammyt76

It says to contact u guys for the port and i have meesaged the mentor team 

Tammyt76

Yes it is a prepaid number are they open tonight cause as of 6am my account is to renew but i am with u guys now 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tammyt76wrote:

I have set up an account with u guys and i did that tried on my account to port and wont let me 

Did you get an error message?  What was the error?  Are you in one of the special situations noted by @matbasm?  If so, then you need to send a private message to the moderators. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tammyt76, One other thing...  If your Koodo number is from a prepaid account, you will not be able to port the number yourself.  You will need the help of a moderator.  Also, If you are on a post-paid account with Koodo, you must be using a different email address at public Mobile compared to the one on your account at Koodo.  These are just some issues that the automated system doesn't handle porperly for now.

If you need to contact a moderator, you will need to send them a private message.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Tammyt76

I have set up an account with u guys and i did that tried on my account to port and wont let me 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tammyt76.  Have you already created an account with Public Mobile (and are using a temporary number for now), or do you want to sign up, and port your number as you sign up.

If you already have an account, just log into your self service portal, and go to Plan and Add-ons, then select Change My Number option.  Then Click on Transfer a wireless or wireline number...  You then enter the phone number you want to port in (without hyphens).  If the number is determined to be valid, you will be asked for account information for your previous provider.  Note that if your account with your previous provider is no longer active, you cannot port in the number.

If you are yet to sign up with Public Mobile, then during your sign up, you will be asked if you want a new number, or want to port in a number.  Similar questions will be asked there too.

Let us know if this does not answer your question.

Also, end verry important, you should remove all private information from your post, since it can be seen by anyone.

Tammyt76

Hi could i get help porting my koodo number pls 343 263 2206 is my number 

pakmode

Welcome to PM @stevenca

stevenca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got it done 🙂

Thank you all.

KMG

what stage of activation did you reach?  at what point are you running into problems?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@stevenca You can port in your number yourself from the self-serve account. All you need to provide is your number, name and the account number. Make sure to check the Authorized box. 

Note: If you are coming from koodo pre-paid, make sure you are not using the same email on Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.