cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help porting in from Freedom

seymoursandy237
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just ported my number from Freedom. The sim card is in my phone and I see the PM network, but I got a text saying I need to provide correct ESN/MEID numbers.

I dont know these numbers, as I pay Freedom pay as you go and don't have any bills from them. If I go to a Freedom store to find out these numbers, how do I update my self serve account to finalize the port in?

4 REPLIES 4

@seymoursandy237 wrote:

Hello,

I just ported my number from Freedom. The sim card is in my phone and I see the PM network, but I got a text saying I need to provide correct ESN/MEID numbers.

I dont know these numbers, as I pay Freedom pay as you go and don't have any bills from them. If I go to a Freedom store to find out these numbers, how do I update my self serve account to finalize the port in?

I wouldn't bother with the IMEI. If you want to a trouble-free number port, your best option would be log into your Freedom Mobile online account and get your account number.

Once you have the Freedom Mobile account number, provide that to Public Mobile's moderators.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@seymoursandy237Also note in the meantime if you use the Public Mobile SIM card, you won't be receiving any thing but you can dial out.. that is normal.. once the porting is complete, then people can dial in.. Just have to be patient as the moderators are backed up.

@seymoursandy237 

You can get the IME number by dialing   *#06#

Then include that number with your private message to moderator.  Try to write a detailed message of your porting issue, including phone number, Freedom mobile account number, holder name, etc.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

ESN is the serial number / IMEI number of your phone.

Depending what phone you have.. some might be marked at the back etc. Best is to google your phone model to see how to retrieve it.

You need to message the moderators with the number here.

Need Help? Let's chat.