cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help and not getting any response from mods

SabrinaGalactic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My problem is I need to change my self serve email and community email as it is no longer my email 

I forgot the password to my community account and it wouldn’t let me reset it without that email address so I had to create this new community account to find help because it’s so stupid how you can’t contact their customer service any other way, and to file a ticket i had to use my community login details which i don’t remember.

I tried filing a ticket but now it’s glitching on me and won’t give me the option to.

I sent a message to moderators yesterday and they still haven’t responded, how else can i contact them?

28 REPLIES 28

@SabrinaGalactic 

No worries we all had to figure that one out at some point in time.

SabrinaGalactic

@darlicious Lol yes, and also thanks for teaching me how to tag ppl

SabrinaGalactic

@Anonymous 

Yes good point but fortunately I’m new so my old community account didn’t have much anyway so it works out easier this way

I just wanted the option to have the rewards if I do get any 

Anonymous
Not applicable

But you will lose the acquired scoring activity of the old username. Did you do much posting under that username? If not and you only did a couple then it won't matter.

@SabrinaGalactic 

You're more than welcome! We're always happy to help. Now go relax in the lounge and have a drink. You deserve it.

SabrinaGalactic

Well thank you everyone for the support!

SabrinaGalactic

@computergeek541 

Ohhhhhh omg ok how embarrassing of me yeah I just don’t know these things lol

at least i don’t have to do anything now and i can tell the mods it’s resolved 

thank you! 

@darlicious wrote:

@SabrinaGalactic 

Correctomundo! 

The Community account that @SabrinaGalactic is using now arleady is using the same e-mail address that is being used in the self serve account. There's no need to do anything further.

SabrinaGalactic

@darlicious did that work lol 

😂 

Ok so plz bear with me I’m not very techy. 

Are you saying that I don’t actually have to get them to change my old account because this one will give rewards to my self serve now? (My self serve account was recently changed to my new email address 

and that’s the same email I used to make this current account 

@SabrinaGalactic wrote:

Well I was hoping to have the option to have those rewards 

Since you're stated that your self serve account username is the same e-mail address that you used for your newer Community account, you're already set up for those Community rewards.

@SabrinaGalactic 

First things first....you can tag someone by tapping the "@" key and the usernames willbpop up and/or start typing the name after the "@" symbol for other members names to pop up.

I gave advice about your community profile in my original post.... just create a community account using your self serve email. If @SabrinaGalactic has that email you are good to go....

SabrinaGalactic

Well I was hoping to have the option to have those rewards 

SabrinaGalactic

I’m sry guys I can’t figure out how to quote ppl on here lol 

SabrinaGalactic

This new community account I just created has the same email as my self serve so will that automatically connect?

SabrinaGalactic

Oh no that’s not good considering my replies expired even when they were here lol 

@SabrinaGalactic wrote:

Sry I don’t know how to tag ppl. I’m responding to computer geek.

no I literally meant the same questions and same exact process over and over again, and I gave them all the security info they could possibly need more than once, because they didn’t resolve the issue the first two times , then things kept expiring. Well I was operating at a different time than them (because I get on here late at night) and I guess they have this expiry on their links or moderation time even???? It’s been more than one mod too! Now this new one still hasn’t responded to me since I responded last night! 

Ok so they did manage to change my self serve account email. But the problem is my connected community account still has my old email and for some reason none of the passwords I can think of that I would have chosen for it are working and i can’t reset it cuz old email ... 

so do you think this community account, since it has been made with my new email address will just automatically be connected to my self serve?? 

Unlesss you have a long history of participation using a specific Community account, I would consider abandoning it. The only reason that there's any link from self serve to community account is related to rewards. 

SabrinaGalactic

Oh sry here’s some more clarification. 

The mods changed my email address on my self serve account, because my old email address no longer works. 

Unfortunately i forgot my password for my community account and can’t reset it because it’s using my old email address. 

so this account is just another one I made to contact the mods and get help. 

SabrinaGalactic

Sry I don’t know how to tag ppl. I’m responding to computer geek.

no I literally meant the same questions and same exact process over and over again, and I gave them all the security info they could possibly need more than once, because they didn’t resolve the issue the first two times , then things kept expiring. Well I was operating at a different time than them (because I get on here late at night) and I guess they have this expiry on their links or moderation time even???? It’s been more than one mod too! Now this new one still hasn’t responded to me since I responded last night! 

Ok so they did manage to change my self serve account email. But the problem is my connected community account still has my old email and for some reason none of the passwords I can think of that I would have chosen for it are working and i can’t reset it cuz old email ... 

so do you think this community account, since it has been made with my new email address will just automatically be connected to my self serve?? 

@SabrinaGalactic 

It is likely they have closed your support ticket especially if you didnt respond in a timely manner. There are several reasons you are being asked to reverify (asked the same questions.)

1. You used simon so the verifying info is not in your messages.
  2. If you dont respond promptly by the time you do a shift change etc...has occurred so you must verify again wih the new moderator. (see #1)
  3. There are new moderators being trained so you will be asked to verify everytime as part of training ( for your account security.)
  4. The nature of your request. You are asking to change log in details while being flaky about responding with the correct info. This raises red flags and alarm bells.

I suggest you follow my advice from a week ago it avoids the problem you are currently complaining about. Current moderator wait times are approximately 48 hrs.

@Anonymous wrote:

@SabrinaGalactic : It's important to know which email address you're talking about. This community has its own email address which you can change yourself.

The self-serve then has it's own email address which can only be changed by the moderators.

The thread seems to be about the self-serve. But you say community in your last post.

In an older thread (now merged), both types of accounts are mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SabrinaGalactic : It's important to know which email address you're talking about. This community has its own email address which you can change yourself.

The self-serve then has it's own email address which can only be changed by the moderators.

The thread seems to be about the self-serve. But you say community in your last post.

@SabrinaGalactic wrote:

I’ve been trying to get mods to help me change my email address and password on my community account to no avail for a week now

idk why it’s such an ordeal, they keep asking me for the same info over and over again now they’re just not responding to me anymore 

worst experience ever !

Sorry, but as you don't have acces to the e-mail address for the password reset, the moderators are the only people who can help you with this. The reason that you're likely being asked so many questions has to do with them needing you to prove that it's your account. From a security standpoint, changing the e-mail address and password has to be done with the absolute highest level of scrutiny.  I'm not sure how you would prove that a Community account belongs to you.  I think it would be easier to change the e-mail addresss for your self serve account and then use that same e-mail address for your newer Community account.

SabrinaGalactic

I’ve been trying to get mods to help me change my email address and password on my community account to no avail for a week now

idk why it’s such an ordeal, they keep asking me for the same info over and over again now they’re just not responding to me anymore 

worst experience ever !

@SabrinaGalactic 

With the current backlog (although they are catching up) heres a few suggestions to speed the process up once they do get to your request.  Decide what email you want your self serve account to have. It could be this one, your older one with the "bad" email or an entirely different one.If you are not attached to the profile with the forgotten password and can use this community profile's email address for your self serve account then do that it will save you a few steps. Then when you send either a follow up message to your simon generated ticket or just a private message to the Moderator_Team from the community account you want your self serve email changed to..... 

In your private message explain you need to change your email of your self serve account to the one attached to the community profile you are messaging from.....Verify your self serve account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

By including this info you will save yourself the time of having to answer any extra questions to further identify yourself.The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours however they have been completely swamped lately.....so it could be 72 hrs + so try and be patient with the moderators. They should be able to perform your request without waiting for a reply from you first.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SabrinaGalactic wrote:

My problem is I need to change my self serve email and community email as it is no longer my email 

I forgot the password to my community account and it wouldn’t let me reset it without that email address so I had to create this new community account to find help because it’s so stupid how you can’t contact their customer service any other way, and to file a ticket i had to use my community login details which i don’t remember.

I tried filing a ticket but now it’s glitching on me and won’t give me the option to.

I sent a message to moderators yesterday and they still haven’t responded, how else can i contact them?

@SabrinaGalactic   Try clearing your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito mode enabled before retrying with either the chatbot or private messaging.   The moderators response time is taking longer than normal right now, but you may still get a response from them anytime to your first message to them.  Did you send them a private message?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@SabrinaGalactic wrote:

@SabrinaGalactic The moderators are apparently back logged. I have seen a number of 90 or 96 hours to reply. Normally it is half that with the majority taking only a few hours to get a reply. Stick with it. Unless it has been more than 48 hours there is no sense opening a new ticket.

It may well be stupid that you can't contact customer service any other way, but honestly the front page of the site says all customer service is online. A cursory search of this board would have told you there was no phone number or email before you signed up.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@SabrinaGalactic 

Only moderators can change your email to access self service. Your community email here can be changed in settings. Choose avatar in top right hand corner (My settings). Wait time for moderators is up to 48 hours.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.
Need Help? Let's chat.