cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

raptorsgo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I also have an issue on "Alternate Number Regex Error", please help!!

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sidk4 wrote:

Just like everyone I am having this problem.

Have tried the post solutions, different browsers, cleared cache.

Please help ..............................

Some people are having this issue. I believe the only solution at this point is to pm a mod @Shazia_K or choose a new number and perhaps port your number in after.

sidk4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just like everyone I am having this problem.

Have tried the post solutions, different browsers, cleared cache.

Please help ..............................

shiba604

Having an issue with activation as well due to the same issues. I cannot choose a new number because the Region dropdown is blank, and I get the Alternate phone regex error when I try to port my number, blocking me from any way to activate my SIM.

Ramankainth
Hi i try to activate sim but not work even lot of time to send msgs no response and any reply what kind service they provide

Ramankainth
Still not work

Ramankainth
I have same problem for activate sim but work even lot send msgs pm not any response what kind service they provide

penguinreg

I have issue with activating my sim as there is nothing shown in the drop down menu in step 2 when choosing a new number and I can't move on with activating.

I tried the suggestions from other community members but didn't get the issue resolved.

I also sent private messages to the moderators but not sure if they have received my messages from the past 2 days as there are no replies. So I will try asking for help here. Thanks!

longhim

I'm so torn whether to reply to this. I feel like I've spammed you guys enough over the weekend. But if we're aggregating the responses...

Also hitting the Alternate Number Regex Error, but unable to activate under even a temporary number because the regional drop down is blank. Don't have a proper self-serve account at all yet due to this, unfortunately.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @KMac

I'm sorry about this inconvenient. Have you checked that the address linked to your credit card is identical to the one in your Public Mobile account? Sometimes that can cause this type of issues. 

Let me know how that goes! 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Saray_O

Hi @Aaron

I'm sorry that you were having issues with your activation! However, I see that my colleague Caroline already assisted you. For more info, please check your email 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Saray_O

Hi @mackle91

I'm sorry you are having issues with your port. 

From what I understand you already have a Self Serve account set up with a temporary number? If that is the case, try porting your number again (click on "Change Phone Number"). Make sure that you're checking the box where it says that you're authorized to port the number. 

If this doesn't work send me a private message with this info and I will help you out: 

- Public Mobile SIM card number

- Koodo phone number

- Koodo account number

Thank you! 🙂

KMac

I tried to activate my sim card and after chosing a phone number and a plan, then reviewing the order I tried to pay with a Mastercard. Screen said my card was not recognized and to call my CC company. I thought I had made an error entering data so I tried again only to get the same message. I called Mastercard and they said they had no issue so it must be PM. What can I do?

mackle91

I am receiving the "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number" error when trying to transfer my Koodo number. I have been assigned a new number (as per the activation instructions), but now I need my old Koodo number transferred. 

sw20066

Hi Everybody,

I am having trouble porting my number. Specifically, I can't get pass the "Alternative Phone" field which will have the "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" thing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Aaron, I'm sure Public will get around to help your shortly, but in the meantime, please make sure that you have your Fido account information at hand.

Specifically, have your Fido account number handy so that you can double check that to make sure this is the same information that was provided to Public Mobile.  From there, Public should be able to check if there was any error code that resulted from the request.

Aaron

Please help me activate my SIM correctly. I ported in from Fido on Friday but my PM SIM can only be used for outgoing calls/text and data.

My FIdo SIM is still functioning 100% and I have been paying for both plans since Friday!

Need Help? Let's chat.