cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
2 totally separate systems unfortunately.

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used the same credit card to buy the SIM cards for activation,  so I don't understand how there's issues accepting payment.  

Bolado

I just put it now to try, does not work.

rm65453
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I  have the same issue being experienced by @Bolado @Kuriby. waiting for mods to sort this out

@Mary_M @Jeremy_M

Rockdaddy22
Shame 😞

Mafatu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM does not work

Rockdaddy22
Don't discard that sim, it'll be able to be activated by a mod. Have you tried the sim in your phone, just curious because sometimes they work.

Bolado

I too tried to activate and fails after credit card processing. I tried to reregister but then it says my sim is no longer valid. I can't even log into my self serve account.  I have more SIM cards but don't want to try again in fear I'll burn another SIM card.   Help!  @Mary_M @Jeremy_M 

Kuriby

I tried signing up for public mobile. Using a ported number from Wind Mobile.

Everything was filled out correctly.

Public mobile has charged me, but I got a failed activation message. I can't even login to my account. I also never got any verifcation emails either. 

I just created this account so I could ask for help on the forums.

This is the message I recieved "- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Please help me. Or should I just do a charge back?

Madmox
Please help @jeremy_M
I am trying to add a second line with a referral to my first. When I fill out the form and submit, I get an error saying the referral number is not valid. I did have a temporary new number for a few days before I ported, so I tried that number too, still didn't work. My old number is fully ported, no problem there, just won't accept it as a referral number.

risemedia
I too tried to activate and fails after credit card processing. I tried to reregister but then it says my sim is no longer valid. I can't even log into my self serve account. I checked my credit card and it was charged. Please help. I'm desperate.

Mafatu

Tried activating sim card, credit card processing failed and now I cant register at all.

Bolado

I'm in the same boat.  Please help @Jeremy_M 

Boomer2

I am in the exact same situation as Zykei.   Activated on Nov 9, and nothing from that point on.

Even the ticket I opened with community help is just sitting there.   Pm'd a couple of mods but still unread as the moment.

How long is the wait time for this?   And are there any adjustments once the account is actually working ?

Zykei

Hi @Jeremy_M,

I just recently switched to Public Mobile however I cannot access my selfserve at all.  Everything has been paid for and activated but I'm not able to call nor do I have access to data.  Seems like the system thinks that I do not have any talk or data addons or something.  

I hope this gets resolved soon as I need to use my phone for work (both talk and data) and it's been a frustrating day when I found out neither worked (I thought the talk worked when I tested it when I first activated my SIM).

Thank you.

Rockdaddy22
I would just go ahead with it, then get the referral fixed.

Madmox
I am trying to add a second line with a referral to my first. When I fill out the form and submit, I get an error saying the referral number is not valid. I did have a temporary new number for a few days before I ported, so I tried that number too, still didn't work. My old number is fully ported, no problem there, just won't accept it as a referral number.

Rockdaddy22
I haven't found it challenging at all  🙂

rocktext

Hi all, I just wanted to follow up with everyone... despite the delay and uncertainty in activating my account last week, I am happy to report that my phone is working. Mary manually activated. I then was able to port my Koodo number using the instructions within the community and within 10 minutes, my number was ported.

Most importantly, I just activated a second SIM and ported from Koodo and everything ran smoothly.

Finally, some phones require that the APN settings be changed manually when your data isn't working upon activation, so you can also find instructions in the community.

I think what people need to understand is PM is very self-serve kinda service, which works for me as I'm an android-custom-everything guy. If you like iphone auto-everything, you may find it challenging, but it is worth the wait. 🙂

oyunyuno
It's a great promotion and we compensate for the price with service which is fine. Most people have their port done smoothly, and this forum is mostly for people who have issues. I am just slightly frustrated for my porting because I have a medical condition and I need to be contacted with my porting number. But I did also give them my temp number which I hope they will try to call as well. I absolutely believe this promo will bring down the price of competitors, and that if the port went smoothly, everyone will be happy with the service. I will be happy once my port has been completed and I am a pretty patient person to begin with. Even though it's still in progress after 2 weeks, I am quite happy with the price and the reception. I just really hope this will be fixed soon. My 2 cents.

Rockdaddy22
So are you saying you should give up trying? That's up to you. You'll get the promo if you tried activating a sim before the 20th.

daffod

Iuuse is if it takes two week to respond or resolve..how people will take advantage of Promo? will public mobile honour promo after its expired for people like me?

I ordered a new SIM and if i cant activate on Promo whats a point of spending $5 for SIM?

New SIM is giving Invalid SIM error. If start is so poort..how it will go in future?

If things cant be fix easily than it seems its rough uphill terrain here.

Rockdaddy22
So it's been since the 7th since this particular persisted? I know that doesn't make it any easier, but you're definitely not alone waiting this long unfortunately. You've done the right thing by messaging the mods, they'll get to it as soon as they can.

oyunyuno
@Saray_O @Shazia_K @jeremy_M @Mary_M I have been trying to port my number since Nov 1. I activated my sim with a temp number per instructions, and then when I tried to port my number, it gave me an error. I messaged a mod on Nov 2 and said it should only take 48hrs. On Nov 7 the port still didn't go through, but I managed to push my port through self serve which disconnected my Koodo account instantly. Ithe number still wasn't transferred over on Nov 9 and if I called it, it was not in service, so I messaged a mod and they said they're working on it. It is now Nov 13 (been two weeks since I tried to port over and a week since my porting number was disconnected and not in service). It's the only number that doctors, hospitals and emergencies can reach me (no landline, spouse is out of country), so can you please help me? I know you guys are busy porting others, but I've already waited two weeks since the port, and one week since my number got disconnected. Some people with issues like mine was resolved in a few days, not a few weeks. So if someone could explain to me why my port is taking over two weeks, that would be great. Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
Anybody with invalid sim, try putting it in your phone and see what happens, sometimes in can work.

If you need to contact a mod
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Bolado

@Jeremy_M or @Mary_M  Need help activating,  gotten to the credit card part where it didn't accept, then when attempting to redo, I now get the invalid sim.  Thanks

skwarek

@Bolado. you need to either send a private message to one of the mods or at least tag them in your post. include, for example: @Jeremy_M or d@Mary_M. don't worry if the mod is not online. they all get pooled. They are swamped with all the promo people coming over. Little patience is needed

trek604

1 period of the leafs game 😉

Bolado

How much time between your retries until it worked?

trek604

Thanks. I tried twice more with the first sim and the third time it worked. I'm activated now on a 236 Vancouver number. Coverage seems exactly like my Koodoo line which I guess it should.

Need Help? Let's chat.