cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Clearing your cookies isn't going to resolve invalid sim.  It's invalid now because it's been partially activated.  You now need the assistance from a moderator.

Joester80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, i was having same issue,  i cleared my temp internet files, cookies saved pages etc and i was able to successfully activate it.

Bolado

Their activation process from what I can tell is pretty bad.  I just read somewhere, don't keep trying to activate it because they'll keep charging your credit card after it fails the first time.  Telus owns this and doesn't spend the money to have a programmer and proper servers to run this smoothly,  like seriously.  First time customer and would like to promote referrals but how can you when it runs so bad.  Invalid sim, sorry sir/ma'am your gonna have to deal with them now lol thanks public mobile.

trek604

I have just received 2 brand new sims, website reports Invalid SIM when attempting to activate...

CharleyChoco

Hello, i am the same issue as the last few post, when half way thru the activation process, right to the pla selection screen. Then the site crashed. Trying to do the process all over again and now i get a invalid SIM error. How do i rectify this issue?

Bolado

Can a mod private message me so they can assist me in activating my SIM card. Thanks

Joester80
Hi, I was trying to activate a new sim, the website was very slow and eventually it failed , now it says invalid sim and can't activate it. What steps do I need to follow to remediate this issue ? I was hoping to get this activated before the promo expires

vitamix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There has to be a way to make the website work. Should I try at 3am? Should i try with an obscure browser? I have tried everything. I have 2 computers with 3 browsers but I get stuck at different points every time.

willloo

just tried to register.. got to the end of the registration process and got this note.. i got verified email but when i try to go log in.. it says login attempt failed..

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Sometimes companies misjudge demand, can happen to any company.

Moonrunner

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Expect to wait a few days for a reply. There's a big backlog at the moment, due to the popularity of this fall promo.

And then a few more days for them to attempt to actually do something about it. While I wait, I can't receive calls or send/receive SMS messages, so the service is all but useless to me.

You described the issue quite well. When there is an attractive promo, a higher than normal support load is to be expected and proper resources to handle the load should be assigned to the task.

Rockdaddy22
Expect to wait a few days for a reply. There's a big backlog at the moment, due to the popularity of this fall promo.

Moonrunner

To sum up my experiences with PM support...

-About 51 hours ago, I got an automated e-mail from support saying that they'd get back to me in 48 hours. Not that they'd do anything about my issue, just that they'd give me some sort of a response.

-PM'd the mods a little over a day ago with all the necessary info for porting as per the "losing" provider (their support responded within 3 hours and I am keeping at least one more number with them)

Responses from PM support and the mods here: ***crickets***

We're not off to a good start.

jstnbrks87

Hi, I setup my girlfriend's account around noon today and we received an error and confirmation at the same time. She received her confirmation email but her account is not accessible on the webpage nor does she have any service 😞 We checked and her credit card was charged by Public Mobile already so I'm afraid to start the proccess over and have her charged twice. This was seemless when I setup my phone and now I'm worried. someone help!

Thanks 🙂

hxsports

Please help me activate my SIM correctly. I ported in from Virgin on Friday but it does not work.

My Virgin SIM is still functioning 100% and I have been paying for both plans since Friday!

Rockdaddy22
Try shorting your name, try a different province.

harkamaljot9

Unable to activate new number. I see the following error. Don't now what do next?

public.png

ray2090

Hello,

I am having problems with porting my phone number and activating my SIM card. I signed up an initiated the porting process from Rogers on Tues, Nob 8, in the the evening. I still do not have access to the data network, and cannot receive incoming calls as they go to my rogers account. I can call others and send/receive text messages however.

I am hoping someone can help 

Almighty1337
Hi, i'm trying to register a sim for my friend and i get stuck at "Select local calling area" the person is mad to have spent 120$ and nothing works, please help me asap.

Moonrunner

One possibility is that I may not have entered the reseller's name and that may have blocked the port. My VoIP provider doesn't have direct control over my number (it's in the hands of a CLEC), so maybe that caused an issue. I passed on all the necessary info from my provider's porting department to the mods including reseller name, so hopefully, that'll get it sorted out.

Hmm

Perhaps this will help somone with account activation. My initial request was denied. I copied exactly the account number from my Rogers bill. However, PM doesn't like dashes. I also typed the exact name on the account which was in uppercase. The account creation occurred right away. Just waiting for port transfer.

hm1
I am not able to activate my sim

Moonrunner

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Ports from VOIP can take a long time sometimes, you've done the right thing by contacting a mod

The rejection was almost instantaneous. I got the port failed message about 14 hours after I initiated the port. The reply from support (or lack thereof) was anything but... Didn't mention it in the previous post but I did contact a mod. Don't want to single them out because I'm sure they're busy and doing the best they can to deal with a major rush of orders and the related issues.

Rockdaddy22
Ports from VOIP can take a long time sometimes, you've done the right thing by contacting a mod

Moonrunner

I am having major issues porting over my number from a VoIP provider (had it parked for when I found a mobile plan I could commit to long-term). I literally copied and pasted the info from the VoIP provider's invoice knowing that even capitalization can cause issues but I still got the failed message. When I dial out, the proper number is displayed on call display, but I can't send/receive SMS', data works, not that I use it much. I opened a support ticket the same day I got the SMS (Pasted all the invo from the losing carrier's invoice again), been over a day, nobody got back to me. It's been over 2 days and I still can't use my phone.

dougtheduck

ceogan

Hi PM moderators,

I just tried to activate my SIM card, but my internet crashed during the payment section of the activation. After trying to go through the process again, the initial page gives me an "Invalid SIM" error. Please advise on next steps to fix this. Thank you in advance for the help.

Stephen

dougtheduck

I need help activating my account and porting my number from wind.

I got this error message.

6. Transaction Summary ‐ Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance. Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

hm1

hi i am not able to login to my account and activating  my sim and port yno frm rogers

Need Help? Let's chat.