cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

kry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My post got redirected to here but I tried the method on porting my koodo number over but I am still getting the same error message saying i need to contact PublicMobile to get my number ported over.  Can someone please help  thanks

flabber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I received my SIM card in the mail today so I decided to go ahead and purchase the special Fall plan you guys have going on (120$/3 months). I'd like to mention that I was previously a client with Telus so I transfered my phone number to Public Mobile. Also, I am using a Oneplus One with CyanogenOS version 13.1 .

The problem is that I have no network access (data or cellular). I configured my APN correctly and specified the use of 4G LTE as my network type. My phone detects the Public Mobile network but can't connect to it.

Is it possible there is an issue on Public Mobile's side?

Thanks for any help,

David

skwarek
Great. Thanks. Did you port them to a single PM account?

W0507636
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@skwarek in regards to porting koodo did it today. Other posts state use a different email not connected with a koodo account and don't use a koodo number for alternate contact.

Today I created a temp email. Signed up for a PM account, selected a new number when registering the new PM account, signed up with temp email. After successfully registering the account I went on to self service chose to switch numbers, put new number which I was porting from koodo, clicked check eligibility, added koodo account number and other alternative phone number, check mark authorized for account, typed name in exactly how koodo had listed, my last name was all capitals. When I pressed submit it said something about not being authorized, pressed check eligibility once more and then submit and success. Port was pretty much instant less than one minute, obviously times can vary.

One word of advice, take things slow, let pages load, if you have pressed submit be patient the pages are very slow to load. By you pressing submit or anything else you are going to create issues.

Once everything was ported I switched to my normal email account, closed the temp. Did not need any assistance by a moderator.

The forums tell you all this info, I've completed 4 phones now from Fido and koodo and ran into one issue with my account, I learned to do the port after initial setup.

skwarek

Hey All,

I had an account in August for 10 day to test it out. It expired. When (today) I tried to add money and change the plan to the $120 promo, it ate $38 (previous plan) off it. How do I get this money put back towards the new promo plan? Also, how do i port my 2 lines from koodo to this new account? (i already have the sim cards.)

Thanks in advance

Rafal

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The thing that makes it worse is that the mods aren't even on for most of the hours that they are supposed to be. Was watching throughout the day and the first mod on was almost 10 AM. Then the 2 that were on were gone by around 6 PM. Not bad I guess when they stated hours for mod support is from 9 AM to 9 PM Monday to Friday.

You would think with this much trouble going on it would be all hands on deck. As I saw someone mention in another post using theoretical numbers, if during this problem time they are getting say 250 PM's/tags/etc and can only get to 100-150 a day, how many days is it going to take to get through the backlog?

And the really sad part is we are all paying for a service that we cannot use.

margosmark

Yep... Will be 2 days for me too @Stormy pretty sure it's just a silly amount of volume.😅

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Private messaging may be best. But when you don't get any response after 2 days, it really makes you wonder.

@oyunyuno Definitely bad luck for you. Robot Frustrated

A moderator will be on site tomorrow.

"A new procedure has been introduced to tag or private message moderators: tag or message just one (Shazia, Saray, or Mary). Someone is managing distribution to whichever moderator is available. Coverage is currently: 

Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)"

Currently private messaging is best for issues related to new activation and service disruptions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

oyunyuno
I have been encountering the same error "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance." I messaged one of the mods on Nov 1, got a reply Nov 2 saying it will take up to 48 hrs but it shouldn't take that long... and today has surpassed the 48hr mark. So at this rate it will take them almost a week to transfer my number since I'm guessing they don't work on weekends. Consider yourself to be lucky if your number ported 2-3 days!

@kry Your post has been moved to this thread. Jeremy is trying to aggregate all these issues here.

Couple things to try:

a) ensure any popup/ad blocker is turned off,

b) clearing your browser's cache, or with different browser,

c) click the "I am authourized" button before entering the number; be sure the name you enter is EXACTLY the same as that on the Koodo account

Also here's a list of items to watch when porting from Koodo:

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use your Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

natashavalconi

Hey there! 

I just registered for the 90 day/$120 plan using a number ported from Koodo Mobile. The payment has been approved but it still says "Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community"

All discussions have lead me to contact a moderator to help my request be processed.

Please let me know what you require (my number is 905-807-6612)!

Natasha

rocktext

Hello, just signed on to PM and ran into similar activation issue that others have had. Got verification email with wrong payment date, unable to access self-serve to fix it, and also talk and internet not working on phone. Thanks in advance for the help!

kry

Hi I am trying to port my koodo number over but I am getting the following message when I click on check eligibility.  Can someone please help me.  Thanks

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

Aguistuc

Hello,

Im trying to activate my account and simcard. Entered all necessary information but my payment information with Visa did not go through. Received error unable to process credit card request please call your credit card provider. Called TD Visa they told me I attempted 6 times  and they approved all information but there is a system issue with Public Mobile. Can someone please help me. 

Natedmd

> "If your CC has been charged, simply send us the SIM card number in question and we'll look into it."

Hello Mary_M, How do we send you the SIM card number in question? The "Get Help" link redirects to this thread; I posted in this thread yesterday. I have been charged $120, but I can't login to my account, I don't have any service on my SIM, I can't register with my SIM again (it says it's not valid now), and I don't have any response from Public Mobile.

Winfried

I did try that, it rejected my SIM

mmafryyc

Hi,

I'm activating a new SIM and my credit card didn't authorize (for some odd reason - it should be fine).

I get this message at the end :

"o complete your Public Mobile activation, please restart your activation by visiting activate.publicmobile.ca and select a different credit/VISA debit card or payment method."

Ok,  however,  will I lose my ported in phone number if I restart the activation process???  I still can use the voucher method apparently,  but the phone number is extremely rare and I don't want to lose it. 

edit: the old virgin sim still has the number (whew),  I guess the port doesn't start until payment is done?

edit 2:  I restarted the activation process and it rejected a second good credit card??? 

uzmaj

I had the exact same problem:

mjarrett wrote:

Hi! I went through the registration steps, but when I tried to activate I got an error:

6. Transaction Summary
- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

However, I got a confirmation email saying:

We’re excited to have you as a new Public Mobile customer. Here’s some important information about your account:

- Your 4-digit PIN has been successfully registered. You may need it to make changes to your account.
- Your Self Serve account has been successfully created. You will need your email address when logging in to Self Serve.

And it has a summary of the plan I ordered.

But I can't log in to self serve, and the SIM card doesn't seem to be activated.

Should I go through the activation steps again? I don't want to be double charged. Thanks!

@Kris77m Your post has been moved to this thread. Jeremy is trying to aggregate all these issues here.

You need to send a private message to @Shazia_K with the info outlined below. Don’t worry if she is not available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. Check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Meanwhile, if your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Include this additional info if your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours:

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Be patient. You can be confident it’s worth the wait for PM to resolve your problem. 😎

Kris77m
Same problem here
Sim card invalid. Ported number now out of service. Please help.

bryceli

It is really disappointing. It has been three days since I submit the problem in this forum. And I have sent messages to two moderators with no feedback at all. Is there any progress at all?

phaedrus

I just tried registering the SIM card with public mobile and I got this error message in the last step

Transaction Summary
- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.
Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

SIM seems to be activated but when I insert into phone and try to call it fails saying voice is not part of plan. Also, since I am trying to port from Koodo at what point will I be able to port the account. Self-serve account does not seem to have been created either.

@mjarrett If you tried your SIM in another unlocked phone with the same result, you are stuck waiting for the moderators to get to you. Robot Frustrated

Partial activations often register the SIM to your account, but do not activate it. This prevents attempting to register that SIM again.

@Spiro If you tried activating a second time with the same SIM but got "Invalid SIM" message then your SIM was used but the account creation failed. Really, without another SIM, that's all you can do for now. I'm sure a moderator will get to you in due course.

margosmark

@mjarrett I got the same issue, in fact they sent me 10 of those welcome emails.... I tried to do the activation again, but the SIM card number wont work the second time.

mjarrett

Hi! I went through the registration steps, but when I tried to activate I got an error:

6. Transaction Summary

However, I got a confirmation email saying:

We’re excited to have you as a new Public Mobile customer. Here’s some important information about your account:

- Your 4-digit PIN has been successfully registered. You may need it to make changes to your account.
- Your Self Serve account has been successfully created. You will need your email address when logging in to Self Serve.

And it has a summary of the plan I ordered.

But I can't log in to self serve, and the SIM card doesn't seem to be activated.

Should I go through the activation steps again? I don't want to be double charged. Thanks!

Spiro
@Luddite Thanks for all the information! One question though - what do you mean by "check in from time to time when they are online"? I have been checking back since I sent a private message yesterday afternoon, but I have added no response and fr9m what I can tell nobody has had a chance to even read my message yet. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

Spiro

bradbauer
Thank you for this info !! You are super nice !
Need Help? Let's chat.