cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

KMac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me. I tried Mastercard 5 times in 2 days. It gave me the same message as you. I then did a Visa credit card (not a debit card) and it worked perfectly. I had sent an email yesterday that was answered by Caroline. She suggested I try the Visa credit card as they were working better than MC or Amex.

Chowchow
I am in the correct activation page and filled out the info but it keeps on saying : The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber.
Is the sim card sent to me bad?

whitefinger

Hi, I have been trying to active this morning, but keep hitting a wall at the payment screen. Despite trying several times, with two different credit cards (One Mastercard, one Visa debit) on two different browsers (Chrome & IE), I always get the following message:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

However, when I log into my online banking I see some $0.00 transactions on one of my cards.

I have searched the community posts, and it looks like others have had similar issues. Could a mod help me out?

Thanks!

Sameer
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You need to go to https://activate.publicmobile.ca to get started. I think you are trying to login to self serve, but you need to activate first @Chowchow

Chowchow
I'm trying to activate my sim card but everytime I try to make a account setup I get a error saying: The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber. What am I doing wrong

Sameer

Yeah, you might just have to wait a bit for porting to finish. Or contact mods and they can look into it.

kh1087

Thank you for your responses.

I did not receive a text stating that the port was complete. I tried removing the sim cards but that does not appear to have worked. 

I will contact the moderators.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

This sounds like a porting issue - that it has started but not completed.

As you wait, power-off the phone, take oiut the SIM for 1 minute, put it back in, and then power-on.  Sometimes that does the trick.

If all else fails, you'll need to get in touch with a moderator.  Maybe @Shazia_K can help?

Cheers,

Neil

Sameer

It looks like the porting process is not fully complete. Did you get any texts saying porting is complete? It's also possible to just wait a bit and it might work, since porting can take up to 24 hours (usually it doesn't).

@Shazia_K should be able to look into it for you (or another moderator).

kh1087

Hello,

I signed up for public mobile and attempted to port my number last night.  I am able to make phone calls but are not receiving any calls or texts with the PM sim card.  I needed to put my Rogers sim into the 2nd sim slot to receive texts

My PM account says I am active but when I click on account details in self serve I get a generic error message.

Please let me know what I should do

Thanks

dood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I sent you a PM. 

Thank you for your help.Smiley Very Happy 

Sameer

@lpseguin Hey.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Koodo-mobile-porting/m-p/81757#M13812

Follow these guidelines when porting from Koodo to Public Mobile.

I've moved two lines now from Koodo, without having to get a new number first.

Make sure to click the authorized before putting in your number, and include your account # (and pin) if you have. Also, use a different email than the one from your Koodo account.

It should be smooth after that.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @dood

I'm sorry to see that you haven't had your issue resolved yet, 

Did you try sending me a private message? if you haven't please send it to me now and I will reply back at the soonest possible. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

dood

Hi @lpseguin,

I am experiencing that same problem your having since Saturday. You should PM one of the mods. I have not had my resolved yet and still waiting to get my SIM activated and number ported.

@lpseguin Try clearing browser's cache, restart the browser and be sure you turn off any ad/popup blocker. That fixed this problem for me.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

lpseguin

My problem is that the Select New Number option is stuck and doesn't do anything when I press Continue.

Going from Transfer back to Select New Number shows and empty drop-down box:

Capture.JPG

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With Koodo since they are partnered with PM and telus, you must get a new number first and then port your number over after. Also use a different email then your koodo email to sign up and then when the porting is complete, switch your email back. 

The system sees everything involving koodo, telus, and Public mobile as the same thing so it gets very confused unless you follow these steps.

Enjoy 🙂

lpseguin

From the activation page:

Transfer your wireless or wireline number from another provider. If you are planning on transferring your number from Koodo or PC Mobile, please first select a new number. After you are activated, contact us to transfer your number.

sportymi

Porting means you are bringing over your existing number with Koodoo. If you want a new number, you should just activate as a new number and cancel your Koodoo account seperately. Do you want your old number or a new number?

lpseguin

Greetings,

I'm porting over from Koodoo but can't select a new number on the activation form.

Any help ?

cbritton

Support Request #4685-6921

Received a "Connection Timed Out" error this morning when trying to activate my new SIM while porting my phone number from Petro-Canada Mobility and selecting the 4GB/$40/month promotional plan.

I tried to resubmit my request but now receive a "Sim invalid" error instead.

My MasterCard account lists the $120 Public Mobile charge as pending...

Please help @Jeremy_M and @Saray_O!

imcphers

@kone

Have you attempted to port the number yourself?

If not give it a try - then let us know if you run into issues and we'll see if we can help or if you'll need the help of a moderator to resolve the issue.

PhoneSeeker

If you use an email that is different from the one you used for your Koodo account, you should be able to port in yourself without the help of a moderator.

@kone wrote:
I signed up for Public Mobile on Saturday, and followed the Instructions i found in other posts in contacting the moderators, but i haven't had a response back. I sent a message via private message with the number i want to port, my temp number, and my Koodo account number.

Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks

Yeah, that sounds about right.  I know from reading various posts in this commumity, customers are encouraged to contact customer service for porting in Koodo numbers.  But I would just try it myself using self serve.  It's quite possible that you might not need moderator assistance.

kone
I signed up for Public Mobile on Saturday, and followed the Instructions i found in other posts in contacting the moderators, but i haven't had a response back. I sent a message via private message with the number i want to port, my temp number, and my Koodo account number.

Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks

Oitsen
Hi, I'm having issues with my account since I tried to activate on Oct 29. I messaged Mary_M that night on Oct 29 with the details and Saray_O on Oct 30 since Mary wasn't working that day. I haven't received a reply yet from either...

PBForMe

@longhim wrote:

I'm so torn whether to reply to this. I feel like I've spammed you guys enough over the weekend. But if we're aggregating the responses...

Also hitting the Alternate Number Regex Error, but unable to activate under even a temporary number because the regional drop down is blank. Don't have a proper self-serve account at all yet due to this, unfortunately.

As somebody who needs to port over some Fido users these regex errors on Fido ports and the longer response times due to the promo volume are making me real nervous. 

Ramankainth
I login after show When I login to self serve and click, I get the following error after click

Generic Error
Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.
Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

sidk4

Thanks I will try messaging her.

vivianch

Have a different error. I've created the account and selected a new phone number.

When I login to self serve and click on transfer number, I get the following error after clicking "check availability"

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I've tried on multiple computers with no luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.