cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Send a message to @Shazia_K with all the details. She'll take care of you.

savuadrian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I don t have an account number yet. My number needs to be transferred from fido

savuadrian
I did the activation of $120 90 days, 6G data. I have received a confirmation email. What is next? To activate the promotional 12G data?
Adrian

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @elgorbo

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear about your activation ordeal 😞 

I will be more than happy to help you out, can you simply private message me with the SIM card #s in question with any email address that was used in the activation portal?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Just activate the sim, pick the 6GB provincial talk plan and a mod will change the plan for you.

savuadrian
Hi, tomorrow being February 3rd and the last day of allowing activation for the sim card purchased last year in the promotional period with the plan of 12G for 90days and $120, please help me to activate my sim card purchased by my son for me in that period. Thank you. Adrian

Rockdaddy22
You should send a private message to a mod like @Shazia_K about this issue

savuadrian
Hi. My son purchased for me in the promotional period, a sim card. Tomorrow being the last day for the activation of that card with the plan 12G for 90 day for 120$, I need help to activate the card with that plan. Thank you. Adrian

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K I wonder if you could help our friend migrate his family over.

elgorbo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I'm in the process of migrating my family over to public mobile but already off to a bad start. While filling out the SIM activation form I had trouble on the number porting page as the account number field kept clearing itself when I went to enter more data. Eventually I realized that I needed to replace all capital letters in my account number with lowercase and it would work. 

I guess I spent so long on that page, that when I got further in the process and hit Confirm to get to the final payment page, I got a really ugly error message saying something about document not found with a url with the word timeout in it. I started the process over again.

This time I got further, but then when I got nearly to the same place, I hit Confirm to advance and Chrome showed a progress spinner in the tab but then said the tab was unresponsive and asked if I wanted to kill it. I said wait 10 times but still unresponsive. I hit the back button and ended up on the desired next page. After filling in my payment details I hit Confirm and ended up on the payment screen again with the error, "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help."

I decided that I would try one last time but now when I try the activation form I get a red highlight around the SIM card field and am unable to proceed.

I'm hoping someone here can help get me back on track quickly.

Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mmcdonald

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear about the activation issue, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card number? I will need to verify if the activation was completed or not. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mmcdonald

I tried to make an account, but it wouldn't let me. So I can't sign into self serve. 

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Have you tried logging into self serve? Do you have an account yet? It might have been created even though there was an error. Try to log in.

If you are confident that you are re-entering Sim card correctly and still having issues you will need to pm a moderator. Give them the sim number and your account info, if any.

chris84

Hi, I tried activating a SIM today, I go to the last step after I enter my credit card.  There was an error.  I tried starting over, but it said my SIM was invalid.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

mmcdonald

When I tried activating my SIM card, I got an error message after I put my payment info in. My credit card has been charged, but the activation did not go through. I tried to activate again, but it now says that SIM number is not valid. Help!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @helloPM

Sorry to hear that your are having issue getting started, 

please send me a private message if you require any assistance. 

Thanks,

Shazia

jpar

@helloPM wrote:

How can I get help on this issue?

The rush is off as I'm no longer there, but I still need to get this resolved (hoping to go back and try again on the weekend).

Should I be posting somewhere else?

tagging

@Shazia_K

She should be able to help

helloPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How can I get help on this issue?

The rush is off as I'm no longer there, but I still need to get this resolved (hoping to go back and try again on the weekend).

Should I be posting somewhere else?

jpar

@helloPM wrote:

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm sitting here hitting refresh, hoping I can get help tonight so I won't have wasted a trip.

Please help if anyone is still there!

Hope you hear back soon! Moderators may be off for the day now though, I'm not sure.

helloPM

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm sitting here hitting refresh, hoping I can get help tonight so I won't have wasted a trip.

Please help if anyone is still there!

helloPM

@Shazia_K

Help!  Trying to activate new user and profile is in limbo.

I started to activate a new user a few weeks ago then realized I didn't have the SIM with me, so I stopped and am trying to finish now.

When I start the create account process and submit their phone # it says that the phone has already been confirmed, and asks if I want to do password recovery.  But I don't have an e-mail address or pw because I didn't complete the process last time.

So now I'm stuck with the ph# confirmed, but nothing else - so the account is in a kind of limbo.

I'm really hoping this can be resolved this evening because I made  a trip to visit them just to set this up (it is for my niece).

Thanks,

Tom

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @messmymessm, 

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear about the activation issue, I will definitely look into this for you and see what is causing the service issue. 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card #. 

Thanks,

Shazia

messmymess

i just paid to activate my new sim card and it will not let me call out or txt message. says that there is no service. 

Rockdaddy22

@rwhitley wrote:

Sorry,

I don't deal online....its stated on my website.

Have someone call me

Support case #5648-2697

lol 

You made a website stating you do not deal online

Oh please don't leave, where else will we get our daily laughs

@rwhitley wrote:

How do I start a new thread?

Seriously? 

And we are to assume the issue with logging in is also Public's fault?

Just as an FYI, if Public disputes your chargeback the credit card company will charge you again

They probably just let you leave though

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @rjwhitley,

Thank you for the update!

I actually responded to you the same day, had your issue resolved and advised you to create a self-serve account. As mentioned,

If you use prepaid services, you have the right:

•  to cancel your contract at no cost after a maximum of two years
  •  to cancel your contract and return your phone at no cost, within 15 days and specific usage limits

However, as you may know, we do not have any contracts nor do we sell devices - therefor this does not apply and any credits are non-refundable. 

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, glad you're satisfied 🙂

rwhitley

Actually never mind....I'm done....I just cancelled your charges on my credit card instead.

rwhitley

Sorry,

I don't deal online....its stated on my website.

Have someone call me

Support case #5648-2697

Need Help? Let's chat.