cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

natedoc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Solved! Email support came to the rescue and fixed the activation (it didn't complete properly and had no plan associated). I seemed to have lost my referral reward though since it didn't process properly.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It was my pleasure 🙂

jonathanbaylis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you!

It worked!

Lorraine now has data on her iPhone 4!

All our services on our two phones are now working on Public Mobile!

Hooray!

With gratitude,

Jonathan & Lorraine

Rockdaddy22
@jonathanbaylis go to the bottom where it says create apn. Choose Canada and Public Mobile

Rockdaddy22
You'll need to follow the steps here with an iPhone 4 I beleive.

https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/ Just make sure you're on Wifi when doing it.

@natedoc have you tried the sim in your phone yet?

jonathanbaylis

Thanks for your reply.

You have asked if I have "set up her apn" ?  Is this something that can be done on an iPhone 4 running iOS 7?

If so, what are the steps?

Best,

Jonathan

jonathanbaylis

Thanks!

PM Support says we need iOS 8 or newer.  Apple says iOS 8 will not run on the iPhone 4.  Is there a workaround at PM?

Best,

Jonathan

natedoc

I seem to have been hit with the activation bug for my wife's account - says "Sorry, your account activation request has failed." But I've received an email saying it went through and the CC has been charged. Help please. @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O

Rockdaddy22
You might need to use this site if you can't manually change the info.

https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

Rockdaddy22
Have you set up her apn?

jonathanbaylis
Thanks! I ordered an account for my wife. The voice and text work but there is no data. How do I get the data to work on her iPhone 4?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Not a problem, I'll be more than happy to help 🙂

Happy new year!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Osaka168

@Mary_M

thank you kindly for your response.  I will find my sim card and will send you a pm with the requested information

Thanks and Happy Holiday!

Rockdaddy22
Please keep us updated 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Osaka168,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

As long as the SIM was purchased during the promo period - and you can provide us with the SIM order number - we will honor the promo plan 🙂

Send me a private message if this applies to you!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Osaka168

Hi mod,

I purchase a sim card during the 4 GB 120 days promotion but I have not activate the sim.

I thought I was out of luck, but I just found out in another forum that PM could still honor the plan, as long as the sim card is purchased during the promotion period.

Can you confirm if that is possible? If yes, I would like to port my number to PM.

Thanks for the help!

Rockdaddy22
That's sounds like $6 for autopay that will apply to your next payment.

Alumerie
Hello, it says I have 6$ on my account, i'm not sure if that makes sense..

Rockdaddy22
When you call 611, does it say if you have an available balance.

Alumerie

I just registered for an online account with a SIM card and a ported number today, however there are many issues:

1. I cannot send/recieve calls or texts, I have a 611 number telling me I need to activate a plan, although PM has already charged my credit card for the plan I chose during activation.

2. I cannot log into my online account that I created with the activation, even trying to change my password through the "Forgot Password" portal does not work. 

3. I recieved an email with a purchase receipt for the plan, however it claims the next autopay date would be january 1st, even though I paied for a 90-day plan? (that's only 7 days for 115$) 

Please help me resolve these issues, I've also contacted the moderators through a private message. 

Thank you.

Rockdaddy22
Post a link to your thread if you don't mind.

Jakeb

Hopefully.

I did make my own thread and also pm'd the mods.

Rockdaddy22
Did your service ever work?

hkhorace
I recently activated my sim with you guys but I cant get service with my sim. My other phone is with Telus and it gets full signal at the same place. When I seatch for carrier manually only rogers network shows. Whats going on?

Rockdaddy22
I'd bump this thread in the morning, should be an easy fix.

Jakeb

"Sorry, your account activation request has failed"

I got this error message after paying. I put in my sim card and was sent a pin, but when I go to register self serve I get: * The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already.

When I try to make a call I get a voice message saying "Sorry, talk is not included in this plan"

what do I do?

@Jeremy_M@Shazia_K@Saray_O@Mary_M

Rockdaddy22
Yes you're correct, I was to lazy to go into detail lol

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Unfortunately only the thread starter can mark it as solved. That's why it's better for people to start their own threads.

@Rockdaddy22 no not true at all... you are an Oracle so I am pretty sure you can do it too

Mods can for sure

Thanks @Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately only the thread starter can mark it as solved. That's why it's better for people to start their own threads.
Need Help? Let's chat.