cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification

joesales
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My wife and I both signed up with Public Mobile yesterday May 1st (Saturday).  We each signed up individually. We were coming over from Koodo. We bought our sim cards for PM on Friday night.  Our numbers ported successfully.  We each have the $40 plan. We also are each doing autopay as well. We both were referred by my wife's brother in law.

I have questions. Just need some clarification as there seems to be some confusion on our part. 

1. When we first signed up, we paid $45.20 each (Including tax) using our visa debit card. Would does this cover? 

2. On the PM website in a blue box, It shows Available Funds as $12.00 , Payment due before May 31st,2021, Payment for next cycle: $40.00, Amount owing: $28.00 . I know the autopay reward and a referral credit factor into the amounts we're seeing.

Do we still owe money? Why, if we already paid when signing up?  

3. Will the payment date stay the same ?

4. We were told in a text message that we would receive confirmation emails which would've included account information, we have not received those emails yet. Any idea when we would receive these emails?

Sorry if these questions have already appeared elsewhere in the community from others. Just wanted to ask while I was thinking of questions. 

12 REPLIES 12

Johnbel12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every 30 days

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Johnbel12 wrote:

your payment date will always be the same date.

Same date or every 30 days ?

Johnbel12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

you should not owe anymore, that will adjust the next month.  When you adhere with Public Mobile, you need to give at least 2 to 3 months before it settled.  

your payment date will always be the same date.

@MichTGB wrote:

Not sure if PM will take Visa DC but I am sure someone on this Community will confirm."

@BKNS27: can confirm, PM does do payments through visa debit card. Myself and my fiance (who referred me) have our monthly autopay come out through our debit credit cards (:

Yes, visa debit is accepted.

MichTGB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure if PM will take Visa DC but I am sure someone on this Community will confirm."

@BKNS27: can confirm, PM does do payments through visa debit card. Myself and my fiance (who referred me) have our monthly autopay come out through our debit credit cards (:

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@joesales 

Not to be a bummer, but instead of both of you using your brother-in-law's referral code, one of you could have activated and then the other one could have used the other person's referral code.

This way, you each would have still received the $10 referral credit and the other one of you would have received the $1/cycle credit on a go-forward.

Oh well, at least it's still all kept in the family!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Community and account emails are identified differently. The subject line says "Your Public Mobile Activation Details" and the named from is "Public Mobile". All of the community emails are named from "Public Mobile Community".

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure if I got an activation email ... it may have got deleted with the other 18 emails that showed up from PM before I figured out which switch shut them off  .

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@joesales 

First of all welcome to PM.

The amount owing is for your next 30 days cycle of $28.

The $12 credit or available funds is for the $10 referral and $2 AutoPay.

Your 30 day payment will be automatically withdrawn from a Visa CC. Not sure if PM will take Visa DC but I am sure someone on this Community will confirm.

I hope this helps.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

check your mailbox again but sometimes the activation email is not reliable.  My friend activated couple months ago, he never receive the activation email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joesales : Welcome to Public Mobile.

4. Not much important indeed. But the To: line does include your account number. Receiving the email also implies the day you signed up. The self-serve does not show that anywhere. That can be useful for being on the lookout for the loyalty reward in a year. I haven't heard of delays in that. Maybe check your junk/spam folders.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@joesales 

Welcome to Public mobile.

1. the $42.50 covered the first month fee + taxes.  

2. You don't owe anything right now.  What is showing is owing at next renewal, May 31.  The billing system is somewhat confusing.

3. No payment date varies each month, since PM payment cycle is 30 days.  Not monthly.  

4. The welcome email should be sent within a few days. Some customers mentioned in the past that they did not receive one.  There is not much important information anyways.  

Need Help? Let's chat.