cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance to transfer my phone number from Virgin to Public Mobile

Atellier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

I Just activated my SIM card but with a brand new phone number. Everything works fine so far.

Now I'd like to transfer my existing phone number from Virgin Mobile prepaid  to replace the one I received during my PM activation.

Can someone tell me how I do that?

Thanks in advance.

A.

16 REPLIES 16

Atellier

@smp99 wrote:

Hey @Atellier - If your initials are N.T. then glad it is done. If not, I know someone with those initials and is having a brutal time trying to port from Virgin since the weekend. He finally got the mods involved yesterday. "technical issue from Virgin" or something went wrong. Both services kept working. They were going to give a go again today.

Point being - Virgin seems to be problematic for some reason

Hi smp99,

Nope it's A.T. and it went fast actually. It was just me being impatient to join in on PM.

Actually I called them beforehand to get my account no and let them know what I was planning to do. I don't know if that helped or not.

Thanks for reaching out.

Atellier

@LEGO wrote:

@Atellier wrote:

No Need finally!

While reading you reply my phone buzzed to let me know it was transfered. 

Did a quick check and now everything is nice, sugar and spice!

Thanks a million!  

Hey, never heard this expression… Cool! Woman Happy

Hey, I don't own it though. James Brown does... Smiley Happy

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

I don’t know what is wrong with this system, I have replied first with the screenshot and Suds replied after me, but then my post disappears!!!!!!! Woman Mad

Just so you don't feel lonely, I have been having the same issue now & then of late. Sometimes when I return to the original page and reload, my post appears! Maybe it's a new feature to test our determination to help out! Robot wink 

Thank you for wiping my tears! Woman Wink

I have also noticed that @Cheetah24 post following mine was also deleted. Woman Mad

@LEGO wrote:

I don’t know what is wrong with this system, I have replied first with the screenshot and Suds replied after me, but then my post disappears!!!!!!! Woman Mad

Just so you don't feel lonely, I have been having the same issue now & then of late. Sometimes when I return to the original page and reload, my post appears! Maybe it's a new feature to test our determination to help out! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

smp99

Hey @Atellier - If your initials are N.T. then glad it is done. If not, I know someone with those initials and is having a brutal time trying to port from Virgin since the weekend. He finally got the mods involved yesterday. "technical issue from Virgin" or something went wrong. Both services kept working. They were going to give a go again today.

Point being - Virgin seems to be problematic for some reason

LEGO

@Atellier wrote:

No Need finally!

Thanks a million!  

Hey, never heard this expression… Cool! Woman Happy

Atellier

No Need finally!

Thanks a million!  

LEGO

@Atellier 

I sniff around and found some treads when Virgin Mobile numbers were not ported for “technical reasons”, if that would be your case, you may request refund of your money, if you really wanted to stick with your old number.

I hope your issue would be resolved positively! Woman Happy

LEGO

@Atellier 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Atellier

Hi Guys,

Thanks for fast replies.

So i did what Lego suggested, entered everything, clicked the authorised checkbox and submitted.... and then... and then... nothing.  Got the little spinning wheel for a long time than it stopped and I'm sitting there on the submit page with the big SUBMIT button.

I tried again from the top figuring I missed something but now when I try to check validity of phone number i get this message:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Does that mean it worked and it's just waiting to process? I sure hope I won't end up loosing my phone number cause that would be a disaster.

Thanks

LEGO

Screenshot of my original post >>>

7777.jpg

@LEGO Weird, your post might be getting caught by the spam filter for some reason. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NDesai: Thanks for pointing it out. I think I misread the original question; thinking the OP is activating his PM sim for the first time which took me around 1.5 hours. Don't think it applies here. 

LEGO

I don’t know what is wrong with this system, I have replied first with the screenshot and @Cheetah24 replied after me, but then my post disappears!!!!!!! Woman Mad

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

My original post: 

@Atellier

In your Self-Serve account: click on "Plan and Add-ons" > "Change phone number" tab

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MISSING SCREENSHOT!!!!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24 wrote:

@Atellier: Thanks for choosing public mobile. To add to what LEGO has written above it should be noted that in my experience normally there might be a small delay of 2 hours when transferring a number. You'll receive an email notifying this. Just writing it here so that you can do it at a moment where you don't have to use the phone frequently to avoid any unnecessary surprises. . 🙂

Wrong thread?

@Atellier Login to your self-serve account and click on Change number. From there choose transfer option and provide your old phone number, account number and your name. Make sure you check the Authorized box. It should not take more than 10 mins for the process to complete if you provide correct info. 

LEGO

@Atellier

In your Self-Serve account: click on "Plan and Add-ons" > "Change phone number" tab

2018-05-22_225033.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.