cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a response from Mods Please!!

janapm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Everyone,

Any idea what is happening with the moderators?  I have attempted to activate two accounts and have one that was activated but I have no service (phone is unlocked but can't connect to the network, have tried to manually set my APN settings by using the recommendation through the chat bot, no luck, removed the sim card and reinserted, no luck, restarted multiple times, still no luck)  I imagine a similar issue is occuring as the last time I was on PM that my number port is stuck and just needs to be recitified by a mod... I sent pm to mods but that was 4 days ago.  Couple that with the fact that when I attempted to activate my husband's account it took the payment (TWICE) and gave an error at the end of activation and I can't get into his account.. says it does not exist.  Do not want to re-activated as I Refuse to pay 3 times for the same serivce (Again have messaged the MODS and have no response and no service).  Any suggestions are welcome I'm a bit frustrated at this point and unsure what to do... Can't even switch providers because of the fact that the porting is stuck (Confirmed with previous carrier that they received and processed the porting request successfully on their end) and I need this number as it is associated with my business.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

26 REPLIES 26

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Waited 15 minutes suspended service this time, nothing. Guess I'll be waiting a few days 😞 

jp2

I found this in another thread 

These are the settings I found on the net to get to the voicemail settings:

1. Tap Phone.

2. Tap MORE.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Tap Voicemail settings.
5. Tap Voicemail number.

Alternatively, once you're in the settings, try searching for "voicemail" and see what pops up.

Once you're in the voicemail settings, you can update the voicemail number. The voicemail number is regional but if you are in Ontario, you can try adding: +16475804001 or +16475804002.

Make sure there is a 1 in front of the number.

MichelleR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, I did it twice. The first time I waited maybe a minute but I still can't make calls. It's telling me that I have to add an add-on for long distance but I'm trying my voicemail, which is not long distance. The second time, I waited 10 minutes to reactivate thinking it would activate my location or call plan but it hasn't.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this? @CS_Agent

My area code is 647, my region is set to Ontario, and my iphone settings are correct. @CS_Agent

jp2

@MichelleR wrote:

Reporting my phone as lost, suspending, and then activating it worked. However, when I tried to check my voice mail it tells me that I don't have a long distance plan so I can't make calls. Does anyone know how to change the location setting for my account?

How long did u wait when u toggled to suspend service button? I tried it yesterday but it didn't work 

janapm

I wish you luck hearing a response.  I heard back today and they have escalated my issue so fingers crossed for you to get some sort of response!  Hopefully the escalation team will fix my issues today!

jp2

I'm also waiting for the mods to respond so I can receive text messages again. I messaged them ahead of time to remove a us add on but somehow when they removed it, texting stopped. 

MichelleR

Reporting my phone as lost, suspending, and then activating it worked. However, when I tried to check my voice mail it tells me that I don't have a long distance plan so I can't make calls. Does anyone know how to change the location setting for my account?

janapm

Thank you, unfortunately that is a feature in my account that I cannot activate those features, as stated, i cannot gain access to as it gives me an error everytime.  As for the second account I cannot gain access to it.

@MichelleR

If you already paid and your account status is active, but your phone does not work, you might want to try the following tricks to activate or re-start your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

janapm

Thank you, I confirmed that the phone was unlocked from the previous carrier prior to activation.  The phone is unlocked.  Finally got a response from a mod who says they are escalating it due to backend issues so fingers crossed my issue will be resolved today at the latest.  As for my husband's account they basically have sluffed it off...

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alex888 wrote:

THAT could be your issue. Some companies lock the phone into their SIM card (even if you didn't buy the phone from them), so switching the cards may not work, you'd have to cancel the other company or get them to unlock the phone.

I doubt if it is a locked phone, since if you put a SIM card under a different carrier, the phone should prompt the user for a network unlock code.

If no such pop up shows up, it means the phone accepts the SIM card.

THAT could be your issue. Some companies lock the phone into their SIM card (even if you didn't buy the phone from them), so switching the cards may not work, you'd have to cancel the other company or get them to unlock the phone.

janapm

I don't want to resort to that but I was actually just talking to hubby about me going out and grabbing something to hold me over.. unfortuantely we have already paid so will be paying 4 times for service while we are waiting now...

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am in the same situation on activation. The mod helped me actived after 3 days, but somehow messed up with the plan, and now I ends up only having data, no call or text msg. 

Sent them a few private messages, but not yet any reply.

I bought a chatr card for now to make thru this waiting period.

@CS_Agent

janapm

Sorry to hear that you're going through similar issues.  I know that once the service is activated it's awesome but unfortunately getting through this process of activing is beyond frustrating.  Hopefully your (and our) issues get sorted very soon!

janapm

I have attempted those both, it says the username is not recognized.  I will attempt to call *611 from his phone and see whether that works (we didn't port his number so his previous service is still active so we at least have one phone, but will switch the sim car and make the attempt of calling *611), on my phone *611 does not work... 

MichelleR

I have been trying to get the attention of  @Moderator_Team for over a week. My account has been paid and I have no service.  One mod responded @khaled_a and said they would get it sorted right away but then they ghosted me. I've been messaging everyday to get their attention so I can have service or my money back and it's like yelling off a cliff. Sorry, I can't help you but you're not alone in being ignored by this company.

You could try resetting the password. And have you tried calling *611 from his phone? You can access some account information and make changes from there, or at least see if it recognizes the phone. It should still work even if other calls don't.

janapm

I have created both for both accounts.  Mine I can log into the self serve account and his I am not able to get anywhere with it.  The activation process for his gave an error at the end after processing the payment.  When I go to log into his it says it's not valid but when I try to recreate it says the sim is invalid and the username (email address) is already in use.

Did you just create a community account? If you didn't create a self-serve account as well then you can't log into into it, I was getting the exact same message before I  figured that out Smiley Frustrated. If you haven't, go to the main page, click on 'My Account' and on the right click 'create an account' and register your PM phone number and email for a self-serve account.

janapm

Thank you, I have used my husband's account to send another request for them to fix it so hopefully they are able to look into this today and get it working.  Frustrating paying for service (one that was charge twice to boot) and not having anything to show for it.  Almost regretting switching but feeling like I'm held hostage as the port being stuck prevents me from going to another company.

@janapm wrote:

Thank you, I have sent a request to the moderator team as well as to a specific mod that I found on the forums.  I am weary of sending another request as I have seen the thread that states it will place you back to the bottom of the queue.

I don't believe that is totally true.   Spamming the moderators with the same request does increase their workload because they need to wade through subsequent requests that have already been resolved.  

janapm

Thank you, I have sent a request to the moderator team as well as to a specific mod that I found on the forums.  I am weary of sending another request as I have seen the thread that states it will place you back to the bottom of the queue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Moderator team response time been be up to 72 hours.  Four days is too long, they should have responded by now.  Normally, I don't suggest sending the same request multiple times, but under these circumstances a second message may not hurt. 

janapm

Thank you for the reply, clearing the cache did not work and unfortunately I keep getting the continuous error of: 

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

When I try to report as lost or stolen or click on anything other than overview.... 

I will keep trying and hopefully hear back from a mod sooner rather than later... I have 5 other phones on this service and I love it for them but can't begin to state how frustrated I am that there is so many issues upon activation with no assistance or help from Mods.. any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try turning off the phone then starting it in reset mode (but don't reset it) delete the cache and restart it. If that doesn't work go into your self-serve account and report your phone as lost/stolen, then report it as found, that can reset the network and fix some errors.

Need Help? Let's chat.