cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Need a replacement SIM card?

you can get one easily at like Walmart or something. no point of a spare sim card just sitting there...

Mayor / Maire

@turtlezlol2 wrote:

you can get one easily at like Walmart or something. no point of a spare sim card just sitting there...

I would agree with you if all Walmart stores woild sell a sim card outright.  However, many have reported getting sim cards from Walmart unless you do a new activation on the spot.  Knowing that, it's going to be an uphill battle to get one.  Also, Walmart is not 24/7.

I beleive it is still excellent advice for Public Mobile customers to javr a spare sim card.

Mayor / Maire

@turtlezlol2 wrote:

Just go prepared. I went to Walmart today and tried buying a sim. The rep trained 1.5 months ago said he was trained and told only with activation. I showed him a post from @Mary_M and still Said no.  Asked to talk to manager (wasn't there) so  he texted him and was informed he could actually sell sim without activation. 

I guess the moral is be prepared and ready to not take no.  But it really should not be this problematic.

Mayor / Maire

@Elsa_Zetaold post but if you hadn't bought yet you can always cut the SIM

@Elsa_Zeta wrote:

I want to buy a new phone but my old PM sim card is too big for most.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now pm sims are available at london drugs across canada...nice job

I have purchased a new sim card after losing, however I havent registered for an account yet and am unable to receive the verification text message for creating a new account. 
Is there any way to verify the account, or change the sim card on my account without having access to the phone number?

Oracle

@sarah-ashley994 wrote:

I have purchased a new sim card after losing, however I havent registered for an account yet and am unable to receive the verification text message for creating a new account. 
Is there any way to verify the account, or change the sim card on my account without having access to the phone number?

Do you have a self serve account? If so,  you can change your sim number yourself. 

now you can get public mobile sim from walmart, superstore, wow mobile, k mobile etc. 

Mayor / Maire

@viveksingh905, Superstore is not always a Mobile Shop.

It is more correct to say the SIM is available at The Mobile Shop.

For example, in my city, there are 5 locations that are owned by Loblaws, other than Shoppers DrugMart.  Only one of those locations have a Mobile Shop in it.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@viveksingh905, Superstore is not always a Mobile Shop.

It is more correct to say the SIM is available at The Mobile Shop.

For example, in my city, there are 5 locations that are owned by Loblaws, other than Shoppers DrugMart.  Only one of those locations have a Mobile Shop in it.

That's why I say ..., The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws).

And @viveksingh905: there's also London Drugs.