cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Need a replacement SIM card?

Is there a cost for sim cards if one is faulty, or has issues? You would think that replacements for those reasons would be free of charge, given how essential the sim card is to authenticate with the network. 

Mayor / Maire

Hi @jpar, that's a good question.  I beleive typically if the SIM card is faulty or is suspected of causing an issue, the moderators here will generally arrange to have a replacement sent to you at no cost.  But you would have to contact one of them at the time and request it.  They may try other troubleshooting steps with you first to help determine if the card is the likely issue.

@Brooke_C @Jeremy_M I just noticed that this posting (the original post from @Lachlan_M) is actually outdated now and doensn't reflect the current status of ordering SIM cards.  Could you please arrange to have it updated?  Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks @srlawren Smiley Very Happy

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Does PM recommend that you have a spare SIM laying around just in case? 

I've haven't had too many SIM issues, though I have had replacements from Rogers back in the day as well as WIND.  Just wondering. 

Mayor / Maire

@jeffster1970 while I don't know of any official recommendation to do so, I would say it's a common recommendation amongst community members. I know I personally do recommend it. Depending where you are physically in the country, it can take a few days to receive a new card if yours breaks down or is lost or stolen. If you're okay with the possibility of being without service for a few days, then you probably don't need a spare, and vice versa.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren wrote:
@jeffster1970 while I don't know of any official recommendation to do so, I would say it's a common recommendation amongst community members. If you're okay with the possibility of being without service for a few days, then you probably don't need a spare, and vice versa.

I ordered 2 SIMS just in case. $10+tax isn't going to break the bank, and nice to have some sort of security in case of a malfuntion. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying to order a new sim but it keeps telling me my address is invalid. I contacted two moderators, still waiting on a response. Just wanted to see if I'm the only one with this issue. 

For anyone in too big a rush to wait for a SIM card,  I got mine at Walmart (Electronics Counter) and / or Canada Tire (Where they sell all the Gift Cards)
Same Prices

Where is this change SIM button you speak of?? I have been unsuccessful in searching all over for just this option.

Thank you

nikki_egan

Mayor / Maire

@nikki_egan if memory serves me correctly, you sign into your self-serve account (via the My Account link at the top of this or any Public Mobile page), then click on the Plans and Add-ons tab, and then Change SIM Card or something similarly named in the sub-tab.