cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a replacement SIM card?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Getting a replacement SIM card is easy - just order one for $10 on our website!

Keep in mind that:

• SIM cards are shipped within Canada only and will arrive within 3-4 business days via Canada Xpressport.
  • 10 SIM cards per order
  • Our Triple Punch SIM cards have all 3 sizes (Standard, Micro and Nano) in one card! All you need to do is “punch-out” the size you need for your phone.
  • We’re also pleased to announce that our SIM cards will now be available to purchase at over 350 Walmart locations across Canada. More info here

TriPunch.jpg

Last updated on 26/07/2017 

65 REPLIES 65

Gene30
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Keep an eye on flash sales, it may be $0 with awesome deals.

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They should give u a free sim card 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMS

Had the same issue at a walmart near me...they were actually quite rude about it..was persistent and treated him like he was treating me..got my phone out , showed him what plan I was after for my kids..and the requirements and he then sold them to me..

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The staff at the Wal-Mart by me or not very helpful and will not sell a sim card

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The Walmart by me is refusing to sell Sim cards

PublicMobile4

Walmart’s have been refusing to sell SIM cards without activating 

PublicMobileAdm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just order one online as a new customer would order it. Then when you receive the SIM you can add it to your account. 

Newstart2017ys

Grab one at walmart 👏

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I recommend always having an extra sim on hand. 

shawnk2000

it might be easier for you to go to Wal Mart, The staff I dealt with were very helpful.

Steve3396

I would say go to Walmart to get a new card that way you wouldn't have to wate for shiping

Whatever...  Just saying, if you say Superstore, and someone doesn't know what the heck it is, it doesn't help.  The Mobile Shop has been called the Mobile Shop for years inside 'select' Loblaw's properties.  They're not in all of them, so you can't just say the store name.  You can Google 'The Mobile Shop', and you'll find local(ish) locations.

I don't know what a K-Mobile is (or where they are), I know of London Drugs, but they're not where I live.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, which is why you should reference only the name of the actual 'store' selling the SIMs.

Make it less confusing, not more confusing.

Thanks for the suggestion @stonechucker. I'm going to respectfully disagree.

Everybody knows Walmart. Everybody out west knows London Drugs. If I knew how those 2 others were situated then I would add the identifying bit on those as well. I don't know what the heck something called The Mobile Shop is. I only knew it knowing there was a cell shop situated in a Superstore and the announcement here that now they sell PM SIM's and that Superstore belongs to Loblaws and that the Superstore closest to me has a cell shop.

@Anonymous, which is why you should reference only the name of the actual 'store' selling the SIMs.

Make it less confusing, not more confusing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, well I don't have a Superstore or a Loblaw's in my CIty.  We have Zehr's, and No Frills.  One City away, they have Fortino's.

Saying the Mobile Shop is best - Forget all the other brands for Loblaw owned properties.

And there're no Loblaws out west either. And I haven't heard of any of those other names except No Frills as in-store products 🙂

My closest city does have a Superstore.

I add the other bit to identify that The Mobile Shop is inside and part of that chain.

I've never seen a Wow Mobile or K Mobile either so I don't know how they're situated.

@Anonymous, well I don't have a Superstore or a Loblaw's in my CIty.  We have Zehr's, and No Frills.  One City away, they have Fortino's.

Saying the Mobile Shop is best - Forget all the other brands for Loblaw owned properties.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@viveksingh905, Superstore is not always a Mobile Shop.

It is more correct to say the SIM is available at The Mobile Shop.

For example, in my city, there are 5 locations that are owned by Loblaws, other than Shoppers DrugMart.  Only one of those locations have a Mobile Shop in it.

That's why I say ..., The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws).

And @viveksingh905: there's also London Drugs.

@viveksingh905, Superstore is not always a Mobile Shop.

It is more correct to say the SIM is available at The Mobile Shop.

For example, in my city, there are 5 locations that are owned by Loblaws, other than Shoppers DrugMart.  Only one of those locations have a Mobile Shop in it.

viveksingh905

now you can get public mobile sim from walmart, superstore, wow mobile, k mobile etc. 

Rockdaddy22

@sarah-ashley994 wrote:

I have purchased a new sim card after losing, however I havent registered for an account yet and am unable to receive the verification text message for creating a new account. 
Is there any way to verify the account, or change the sim card on my account without having access to the phone number?

Do you have a self serve account? If so,  you can change your sim number yourself. 

sarah-ashley994

I have purchased a new sim card after losing, however I havent registered for an account yet and am unable to receive the verification text message for creating a new account. 
Is there any way to verify the account, or change the sim card on my account without having access to the phone number?

aman99

Now pm sims are available at london drugs across canada...nice job

@Elsa_Zetaold post but if you hadn't bought yet you can always cut the SIM

@Elsa_Zeta wrote:

I want to buy a new phone but my old PM sim card is too big for most.

mimmo

@turtlezlol2 wrote:

you can get one easily at like Walmart or something. no point of a spare sim card just sitting there...

Just go prepared. I went to Walmart today and tried buying a sim. The rep trained 1.5 months ago said he was trained and told only with activation. I showed him a post from @Mary_M and still Said no.  Asked to talk to manager (wasn't there) so  he texted him and was informed he could actually sell sim without activation. 

I guess the moral is be prepared and ready to not take no.  But it really should not be this problematic.

@turtlezlol2 wrote:

you can get one easily at like Walmart or something. no point of a spare sim card just sitting there...

I would agree with you if all Walmart stores woild sell a sim card outright.  However, many have reported getting sim cards from Walmart unless you do a new activation on the spot.  Knowing that, it's going to be an uphill battle to get one.  Also, Walmart is not 24/7.

I beleive it is still excellent advice for Public Mobile customers to javr a spare sim card.

turtlezlol2

hdesai1611

visit to near walmart store you will get it that way faster also  

mimmo

@Elsa_Zeta a little off topic but pm has been selling triple punch Sims for a long time. Are you on a legacy plan or an in market plan?  The base inmarket plans tend to be cheaper than the legasy plans after the recent legasy plan increases.

Rockdaddy22

Assigning your number to a new sim is a very simple process, I’ve done it many times myself. Please let us know how it goes. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elsa_Zeta, you have a few choiceS.  You can cut your sim card to fit ( there is lots of information about this on the net).  You can get someone to cut it for you.   You can order a sim on line from Public Mobile.   You can get a replacement sim from a retailer like WOW mobile or Walmart (note that some Walmart locations won't sell you a sim without activating it on site.

Need Help? Let's chat.