cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a moderator @Moderator_Team

dckassian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need to speak with a Moderator about a sim card I got from London Drugs that the clerk broke the new Public Mobility sim card instead of my old Fido card. They gave me a new free sim card for Public but I need to change my account to reflect the new sim card so my phone with work. You can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxxxxx@gmail.com - xxxxx

Edit: Personal information redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

27 REPLIES 27

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dckassian Yeah there was another customer having problems with the submit button. Try using one of the links that everyone posted in this topic.

@dckassian wrote:

Thank you but I can't register for a account without a working phone.

@dckassian  As I mentioned earlier. Send the message explain what happened. Include as much information as possible acct#, sim # etc. That's all you can do at this point.

@dckassian Contact the moderators directly through private message here and explain your situation. Ask them for a temporary password to set up your self service account. Then change the sim card as I suggested earlier.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe 

dckassian

Thank you but I can't register for a account without a working phone.

@dckassian wrote:

Thank you I did speak with SIMon and registered a ticket but it wouldn't go through for some reason once I filled in my info - it wouldn't let me click the 'Next' button to submit even when I changed all the data fields several times in several ways.

Use this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dckassian wrote:

Thank you I did speak with SIMon and registered a ticket but it wouldn't go through for some reason once I filled in my info - it wouldn't let me click the 'Next' button to submit even when I changed all the data fields several times in several ways.

@dckassian 

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

dckassian

Can't get an account to change it because it needs to text you a code to get an account and I can't receive texts while my phones not working.

dckassian

@dckassian in that case as suggested you must open a ticket with the moderators ? bottom right corner ask to speak to a human

dckassian

I can't get into the self service account because it needs to text you a code for you to register and since my phone isn't working I can't get the text. 

dckassian

I left FIDO and was trying to register with Public. 

dckassian

I can't get into a self serve account to change my sim because to create one it texts a code to the phone number which isn't working.

I registered a FIDO phone number on Sunday and London Drugs broke the Public Mobility SIM card instead of the FIDO. They have given me a free SIM Card but I need to get it switch in the Public Mobility system before my phone will work!!!! I use my phone for business and have been without it for days!!!!

PLEASE CONTACT ME to swap SIM cards numbers on my account!!!!!!

@dckassian I'm confused right now so I deleted my first reply. you registered for Fido? so you are moving away from PM? do you want your old number back since you are using it for business? if so, you can probably just call FIDO to port your number over and you don't need to register the new SIM if the PM account is still active

@dckassian if you don't want your personal info all over the internet I would suggest you click on the 3 dots top right corner and edit your post 

You should remove your personal info by c5 on the three dots.

You can change the SIM card number on your account and reactivate your service via Self-Serve by following these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1586975662787.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

Triguy_1-1586975662792.png

@dckassian Create a ticket by clicking on ? on bottom right. Follow directions and explain your situation in detail.

@dckassian  if you change the SIM and your service still isn't working properly,  try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

Stay safe 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dckassian 

Please remove your personal information as this is a public forum and you are giving your information to everyone! Public mobile does not have a call center.

Do you have access to  "My SelfServe" Account?   

Log into your self serve account and on the right side, you will see an option for  "Change Sim Card" as showing on the picture below.

Capture.PNG

Follow the steps and you can switch over to your new Simcard.

If you are still having problems, then you will need to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team.   Follow the Steps below:

To Submit a ticket,

Start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.

This connects to the Autobot SImon.

• Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.
  • Click on the " Account Specific Question 
  • Afterward click on "No, I want a human
  • You will see a "Submit a ticket Click me!

Type a message describing the problem.

OR  

You can also >>>Click here<<< to connect with SImon and submit a ticket.

You can do this in self service. Change sim.

20sim5.jpg

Choose the 3 vertical dots and edit your personal info out. This is a public forum.

@Luddite Could you please edit out personal info from the OP. TIA

dots.jpg

dckassian

I registered a FIDO phone number on Sunday and London Drugs broke the Public Mobility SIM card instead of the FIDO. They have given me a free SIM Card but I need to get it switch in the Public Mobility system before my phone will work!!!! I use my phone for business and have been without it for days!!!!

PLEASE CONTACT ME to swap SIM cards numbers on my account!!!!!!

[Personal data deleted ....... Luddite]

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dckassian wrote:

I need to speak with a Moderator about a sim card I got from London Drugs that the clerk broke the new Public Mobility sim card instead of my old Fido card. They gave me a new free sim card for Public but I need to change my account to reflect the new sim card so my phone with work. You can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxxxxx@gmail.com - xxxxx

Edit: Personal information redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

@dckassian  If you did not have a chance to setup selfserve and are unable to switch SIM card then you need to contact the Moderator Team explain what happened include the account#, the old broken SIM card and the new SIM card numbers and ask them to make the switch.

Click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@dckassian you don't need mods for that. You can login to your self-service account and then click Change Sim Card there.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dckassian 

You can actually change your Simcard online.

Do you have access to  "My SelfServe" Account?   

Log into your self serve account and on the right side, you will see an option for  "Change Sim Card" as showing on the picture below.

Capture.PNG

Follow the steps and you can switch over to your new Simcard.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@dckassian Hello you are on a public forum Please remove your personal information click on the three dots top right hand corner and edit your post secondly in order to speak to a moderator you must click on the? Bottom right and put in a request with Simon to speak to a moderator

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dckassian 

Please first remove your personal information from this public forum.

You can change your SIM card number in the self service account by yourself.  

Click on Plans and Add on tab

Click on Change SIM card tab.

Follow instructions

Need Help? Let's chat.