cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a SIM network unlock PIN

Republic87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Team, 

New member here. I received my SIM card and activated. Put it in my Samsung Galaxy S3 (older phone) and it it's asking for SIM network unlock PIN. Can someone please help? I've tried my account PIN twice and realize that's not what it's asking. I don't want to enter too many incorrect PINs so if someone could provide guideance that would be great!

Thanks

Tony 

10 REPLIES 10

@Ling666 wrote:

Now im locked out of my phone and it only pulls up the number keyboard a cancel button and the OK button is no longer even an Option  

Could you please give us more details? New activation? Can you see public mobile on your screen? Is your account ACTIVE?.....

Ling666

Now im locked out of my phone and it only pulls up the number keyboard a cancel button and the OK button is no longer even an Option  

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@peterdaubeny

That would mean your phone is locked to a previous service provider...you will have to contact them for an unlock code...if by chance a samsung i believe they have an online resource for unlocks....

peterdaubeny

Yes, the specific message is:

"SIM network unlock PIN"

followed by a field for entering a PIN.The 4 digit PIN I created when I opened my account doesn't work.  The numbers 1234 which was suggesed as the default PIN number also doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to get the SIM network unlock PIN?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@keoughj6, is there a specific message your are seeing?

keoughj6

I tried too many different codes and now it says it is locked. What do i need to do now? I have the proper code now.

Republic87

Hi,

I was able to resolve the isutation by calling up my provider. They had asked a few questions and were able to provide me with the UNLOCK code for my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Thank you for solution! I consider this matter closed!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @ShawnC13 and @computergeek541 - it looks like your phone is locked to your previous provider's network. 

It has been reported that Samsung phones lock to the network of the first SIM inserted even if they are sold unlocked. 

You can get the unlock code from your previous provider or contact Samsung on their Canadian website chat.

(sorry,  I'm on my phone, so don't have access to my proper link list until tonight.) 

I doubt that a new sim card would be pin locked, but the default security pin for all Public Mobile sim cards is 1234.  Like I said: I doubt that's what your phone is asking for.

I am also betting on this phone being locked to another provider.  If that is the case, unfortunately, Public Mobile can't help you with that.  If that is in fact the case, you'll need to either contact the old provider that the phone is locked to for the unlock code (usually free if it is a Canadian provider), or you could purchase an unlock code via various unlocking website as well as ebay.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Republic87wrote:

Hi Team, 

New member here. I received my SIM card and activated. Put it in my Samsung Galaxy S3 (older phone) and it it's asking for SIM network unlock PIN. Can someone please help? I've tried my account PIN twice and realize that's not what it's asking. I don't want to enter too many incorrect PINs so if someone could provide guideance that would be great!

Thanks

Tony 

Tony, sounds like your phone is locked to your old Provider.  Who was your old provider and are you sure the phone is unlocked?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.