thanks

Brandon

4 REPLIES 4

@bmlawrence wrote:

Hello Public,

I need the PUK code to unlock my bell phone. I have the sim unlock code already

thanks

Brandon

Public Mobile cannot assist you unlocking anything other than a Telus/Koodo phone.  You will need to contact Bell Mobility to get the unlock code for your phone.

On a side note, please be careful at what you ask Bell for.  The code to unlock a phone is not called your PUK.  PUK is a code that is used override the security PIN of a sim card.  If you ask Bell for that, they will give you the PUK of your Bell sim card which won't help you one bit.

As for Bell saying that you should get your PUK code from Public Mobile, Public Mobile can definitely provide that for your Public Mobile sim card.  However, please be aware that there isn't any reason for your phone to be asking for that.  The PUK is only a backup for PIN1 (a security sim code for your sim card).  Your phone shouldn't even be asking for your sim card's PIN1 code unless you have manally turned that setting on.  Even then, your default PIN of any Public Mobile sim card is always 1234.   PUK for a sim card is only needed when the sim card PIN is entered too many times and provides a backup process to get past the sim card's security protocols.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The phone unlock code is provided by Bell if it's a Bell phone. The puk code for the sim comes from PM if it's a PM sim here's the info 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-is-PUK-code-Where-do-I-get-the-P...

bmlawrence
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

they gave me the sim unlock code but not the phone is asking for the PUK code which bell says comes from PM. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bell should be able to provide you the information to unlock your phone for free. If for some reason you don't want to contact Bell we can provide other options 

Need Help? Let's chat.