cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need PUK Code

kwdwallace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I created my account, ported my number over, every thing looked good until I added the sim. SIM network PIN Blocked / PUK message. 

I did pm a mod last night but I didn't submit a ticket. Just want to make sure I'm following the right protocol.

Let me know what info you need to proceed. 

Cheers,

Waco

16 REPLIES 16

threads merged and solution assigned to the first reply in the combined message thread

@kwdwallace wrote:

It seems I need a new SIM which I have just ordered. 

Can I update my existing profile on Public Mobile with my new information or do I need to create a new profile? 

Cheers,

Waco

@kwdwallace 

Ordering a new sim card cannot help you unlock your phone. Your phone is locked to another carrier. The advice that you received to get a new sim card won't accomplish anything. Please follow the information provided earlier in this thread about network unlocking your phone as it is correct. 

kwdwallace

Thanks for all your help, I called Samsung directly and they gave me 2 codes that successfully unlocked the device.  The previous carrier was speakout wireless, on the Rogers network, and they wouldn't assist at all and told me the account was closed and it was too late to port the number but the number was retained so all is now good and I have a spare sim.  Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kwdwallace A new SIM, and/or a new number, will not solve this problem. As noted, you phone is locked to your previous carrier; likely the phone was purchased from Rogers.

What is make/model of your phone?

This PUK issue will not affect the transfer of your number to PM as long as the old account is active.

Try your PM SIM in a phone you know to be unlocked; especially if your credit card has been charged.

@kwdwallace wrote:

I attempted to port my speakout wireless number to Public Mobile, purchased a sim, followed the instructions to port, put the new PM sim in the phone and received the messaage:  SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.  Moderator called and said I would need to call Speakout Wireless for a PUK code.  I did that but they have closed the account and I can no longer port that number to PM.  I purchased a new PM sim today and need to know how to activate it and get a new phone number as I already created a PM account when I activated the prior SIM that is giving the PUK error message.  I don't want the same problem to occur.  Do I simply change the sim in my PM account then put the SIM in my phone?  I have also submitted a support ticket but wasn't able to fully explain the issue  Thanks!

@kwdwallace  First off you do not need to use a new Public Mobile sim. You just need to access you account via selfserve and select the change phone number option and select a new number.

CN.png

As for the network PUK code that means that your device is locked to Rogers and needs to be unlocked. You need to call the previous provider and ask them to unlock your device. You need to supply them with the devices IMEI number. If your device is a Samsung you can try getting it unlocked by starting a chat session from their website.

Once you get the phone unlocked then your PM sim card should work.

@kwdwallace it sounds like your phone is locked to your previous provider. Probably Rogers? Contact them and ask them to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you.  It doesn't matter about the SIM. If you get the phone unlocked, the original sim card should work. Keep the new one as a spare. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

shep22

@kwdwallace wrote:

I attempted to port my speakout wireless number to Public Mobile, purchased a sim, followed the instructions to port, put the new PM sim in the phone and received the messaage:  SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.  Moderator called and said I would need to call Speakout Wireless for a PUK code.  I did that but they have closed the account and I can no longer port that number to PM.  I purchased a new PM sim today and need to know how to activate it and get a new phone number as I already created a PM account when I activated the prior SIM that is giving the PUK error message.  I don't want the same problem to occur.  Do I simply change the sim in my PM account then put the SIM in my phone?  I have also submitted a support ticket but wasn't able to fully explain the issue  Thanks!

@kwdwallace hi sounds like you need your phone unlocked from your previous provider if it is a samsung you can call or go to their online support for unlock instructions  

kwdwallace

@kwdwallace you can switch your sim card from within your self service account. May I suggest Canadian cell supplies https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card . Currently the sim is $3.33 each. Stay safe. 

kwdwallace

It seems I need a new SIM which I have just ordered. 

Can I update my existing profile on Public Mobile with my new information or do I need to create a new profile? 

Cheers,

Waco

kwdwallace

Thanks for the info. I'll touch base with Samsung and my old provider. 

Cheers

@Triguy 

In your message post, the information about the SIM card's PIN, PUK, and contacting the moderators can be omitted as it isn't applicable in this case. This phone is locked to a different carrier. Moderators can't help with that.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kwdwallace your phone is locked to your previous provider.  Contact them and ask them to unlock it for you.  You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you.  Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

shep22

@kwdwallace wrote:

I created my account, ported my number over, every thing looked good until I added the sim. SIM network PIN Blocked / PUK message. 

I did pm a mod last night but I didn't submit a ticket. Just want to make sure I'm following the right protocol.

Let me know what info you need to proceed. 

Cheers,

Waco

@kwdwallace hi it sounds like you need your phone unlocked contact your previous provider, if it is a samsung phone you can contact them through their online support for a master unlock code 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a detailed explanation by one of the Oracle's Luddite. "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.   "SIM network unlock PIN"  is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.   

Need Help? Let's chat.