cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Walmart Autopay Activation

Use a credit card to activate your SIM card at Walmart. To get the bonus 500mb @ArmandoUrso all you would have to do is add an autopay credit card when you initially set up your self service account.  See article on creating a self service account https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account

Make a patment.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ArmandoUrso   Yes you can choose your plan at Walmart but set up your account at home and set up the autopay using payment tab and selecting manage my card and enabling autopay.  This will automatically give you the $2 discount plus a further $2 (total $4) to be used towards your next payment cycle, after which you will receive $2/cycle.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok so just to get things straight. Walmart dosen't set up your self serve account for you right? so i can set my own password and do whatever i want. And do i have to pay anything upfront at Walmart other than the sim card if they don't offer it to me for free?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ArmandoUrso  Yes if Walmart will sell you the SIM alone without requiring activation instore, then go home and proceed to activate everything at home, you can use this link:https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-started

Otherwise you can activate the SIM and get your plan and then proceed to activate your online self-serve account at home.  Good luck:)

BTW some Walmarts have been known to insist upon activating your SIM instore and will not sell you a SIM outright.

Highlighted

But if i activate my sim and get my plan at Walmart do i pay upfront there for the plan. And then can i come home and setup auto pay and get the 500MB for the month and the 2 dollars ?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ArmandoUrso yes, all this happens when you set up your self service account.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ArmandoUrso   Yes you will be charged for both the SIM and plan upfront at Walmart and then go home to activate your self serve account and add your CC for autopay.

Highlighted

K thanks i was just confirming if i got the extra 500MB if i set up autopay after. because i knew that you would get the 2$ applied to your account

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ArmandoUrso wrote:

K thanks i was just confirming if i got the extra 500MB if i set up autopay after. because i knew that you would get the 2$ applied to your account ````````

@ArmandoUrso   Yes you will qualify for the extra data and $2 discount when you register your CC and enable your autopay in your self serve account.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ArmandoUrso  If you are concerned about the employee at walmart seeing your sensitive  information like your credit card number you can voice your concerns and ask that you enter any info you want to remain private before you agree to activate in store to get a free SIM card. If they refuse then just buy and activate at home. Whenever I've activated an account in store at London drugs they have no problem with me coming behind the counter and entering that info myself.

The last one I activated the employee insisted that I set up self serve too....just to make sure there were no mistakes made with the email and that all the services were working and the self serve pin # for activation was recieved and self serve account was properly activated and set up. If you choose to activate in store either write down ( i use the sim card cardboard "card" it comes in) the password, account pin # you choose, the security question and answer you pick or take a picture of the screen that you enter it on with your phone that you can transfer to a secure place once you get home. This gives you a safe back up reference if you ever forget this important account information.