cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Need Help!!

They do everything right then except you will go home and create your self serve account.   You have the first 30 days to get Autopay in place via self serve before your first renewal.

As for testing the service, do you know anyone on Telus? That is the network you will be on so if Telus works well there, PM should as well.

To the community: Has it been determined that porting in immediately at activation is not possible either? Or just porting in later to replace a temporary number? I know that @ArmandoUrso would like to test things for a few days or weeks first but if immediate porting is possible at activation that would simplify things.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ya That's true i might just port the number right at activation. It saves me money from having to renew the rogers plan for another month. Also Public Mobile seems pretty good and i have been looking around the forms for a few days so i really hope its as good as it sounds. If not i switch to lucky mobile because i am never going back to rogers. Public is better because they have more ways to save on your bill. 

Highlighted

@AE_Collector wrote:

They do everything right then except you will go home and create your self serve account.   You have the first 30 days to get Autopay in place via self serve before your first renewal.

As for testing the service, do you know anyone on Telus? That is the network you will be on so if Telus works well there, PM should as well.

To the community: Has it been determined that porting in immediately at activation is not possible either? Or just porting in later to replace a temporary number? I know that @ArmandoUrso would like to test things for a few days or weeks first but if immediate porting is possible at activation that would simplify things.

AE_Collector

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
Highlighted

No i don't know anyone on Telus but their one of the big 3 so obviously their service is going to be great. Im not worried that much about bad service. I mean its not Freedom Mobile because their nationwide network sucks.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Roughly where are you located?

Biggest concerns here are not network but customer service. It can be a bit slower which gets some people quite bent out of shape. But if you are  little flexible on that all is well. Also the 3G like data speeds worries many. Mist here say they could not see any or much difference. Maybe not the best choice for extreme data users but everyone else Is fine.

AE_Collector

Highlighted

@ArmandoUrso wrote:

No i don't know anyone on Telus but their one of the big 3 so obviously their service is going to be great. Im not worried that much about bad service. I mean its not Freedom Mobile because their nationwide network sucks.

4 of my family members are on Telus. Service has been good/no complaints.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Near Milton Ontario

Highlighted

But when i activate at Walmart i am planning to go with the 25$ Plan. its only 500MB but another 500MB is added with autopay (1GB) But you are saying that i have  the first 30 days to register with autopay. So that first month that i payed for at Walmart wouldn't have the 1GB?

Highlighted

Ya that's the only thing i am concerned about is the support. I am located in Sudbury, Ontario. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Service in Sudbury should be great I would think. Will be same as Bell also.

Never considered the Autopay data bonus aspect. Let’s say you will have 500 Mb initially and by setting up Autopay soon after then the bonus 500Mb will be added to get you to 1Gb.

AE_Collector