cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Need Help!!

What is the usual wait time when contacting a mod. Also when can i port my number. I heard that you can only change your number after 30 days.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Normally you can easily port your number in after having activated with a new number initially. But some sort of glitch is messing up some or maybe all ports so they are handling them manually. I’m not certain if it is guaranteed to not work if you do it yourself or maybe that function has been temporarily disabled?

If activating at Walmart it might be better to port right then as I suspect they will call and deal with any porting problems for you. 

if getting a new number and porting later, no need to go for a month, you can try for a few days or a week and port when you are ready. It is just a number change, not tied to your monthly renewal date at all.

Until recently, most often Walmart seemed to be supplying the sim for free if activating through them. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Actually @ArmandoUrso You can port your number immediately upon signing up with a temporary number from within your self service account with moderator help, no need to wait 30 days to do it.

Highlighted

Thanks I think ill try that. I hope everything goes well and i can port my number in no problem 

Highlighted

Are you sure about that i chatted with SIMon and it said this.  

Changing your phone number is free!
You can make one change per 30-day period.
To do this, you will need to contact a Moderator.

Highlighted

Yes I am @ArmandoUrso  that applies to if you are an existing customer. Then you can only change your number once per 30 day period.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ArmandoUrso wrote:

Are you sure about that i chatted with SIMon and it said this.  

Changing your phone number is free!
You can make one change per 30-day period.
To do this, you will need to contact a Moderator.

Regardless...porting after initial activation requires the moderator.

SIMon has all kinds of old legacy stuff in it.

Highlighted

Ya i might just contact them. How long do you think it would take for them to respond?

Highlighted

@ArmandoUrso Officially 24 to 48 hours. 

Highlighted

K when i contact them are they gonna ask for information to port my number over? because if i reply to that email with the information would i have to wait another 24 to 48 hours for them to respond or could i just include all the information in the first email. And what information do i include ?