cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help!!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

83 REPLIES 83

@BearFBI  Yes if Walmart will sell you the SIM alone without requiring activation instore, then go home and proceed to activate everything at home, you can use this link:https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-started

Otherwise you can activate the SIM and get your plan and then proceed to activate your online self-serve account at home.  Good luck:)

BTW some Walmarts have been known to insist upon activating your SIM instore and will not sell you a SIM outright.

BearFBI

Ok so just to get things straight. Walmart dosen't set up your self serve account for you right? so i can set my own password and do whatever i want. And do i have to pay anything upfront at Walmart other than the sim card if they don't offer it to me for free?

@BearFBI   Yes you can choose your plan at Walmart but set up your account at home and set up the autopay using payment tab and selecting manage my card and enabling autopay.  This will automatically give you the $2 discount plus a further $2 (total $4) to be used towards your next payment cycle, after which you will receive $2/cycle.

Use a credit card to activate your SIM card at Walmart. To get the bonus 500mb @BearFBI all you would have to do is add an autopay credit card when you initially set up your self service account.  See article on creating a self service account https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account

Make a patment.png

@BearFBI wrote:

Hi so i am thinking of porting my number over to PM and buying a sim card. I am going to go to Walmart and buy a sim card there because i heard that they might offer it to you for free if you activate it through them.

@BearFBI  Yes, that is correct.

When i get setup at Walmart i think you have to pay with a voucher for the first month. I heard a few people saying that when they get home they setup their self serve account then their are allowed to setup autopay and get their 2 dollars,

Yes, that is correct. 

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!
To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

2Capture.PNG

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

But would i also get my extra 500MB?

Yes as soon as you enable Auto Pay you will get the $2 credit and the extra 500 MB every 30 days. Also don't forget to use a referral code to get an additional $10 OFF.

BearFBI

What do you mean? I though you had to pick a plan and pay the first month at Walmart if you choose to get is set up with them for the free sim?

Once you set up autopay with your valid credit card...you're entitled to the bonus data mentioned for your particular plan.

@BearFBI   You can pay with a CC or voucher, it's really upto you.  After activating at Walmart, you can then go home and set up your account, you can use this link: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Remember adding a CC and setting up autopay gives you both extra data and $2 discount off your plan.

shep22

@BearFBI hi you would have to pay with your cc when you sign up to receive the 500 mb the first month they can do it all for you 

BearFBI

Hi so i am thinking of porting my number over to PM and buying a sim card. I am going to go to Walmart and buy a sim card there because i heard that they might offer it to you for free if you activate it through them. When i get setup at Walmart i think you have to pay with a voucher for the first month. I heard a few people saying that when they get home they setup their self serve account then their are allowed to setup autopay and get their 2 dollars, But would i also get my extra 500MB?

BearFBI

Ya as small as a city we are all the big 3 have amazing coverage. i am not concerned about speed. that's why i came here. 3 down and up speeds are just fine 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Telus coverage in Sudbury.

telus.JPG

kimmycooper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not sure but I think if you signed up for auto pay it should be added automatically . 

BearFBI

Great thanks that's all i wanted to know. That's why i was concerned with registering at Walmart. Ya my area if fine Coverage is just fine for Telus And Bell

Service in Sudbury should be great I would think. Will be same as Bell also.

Never considered the Autopay data bonus aspect. Let’s say you will have 500 Mb initially and by setting up Autopay soon after then the bonus 500Mb will be added to get you to 1Gb.

AE_Collector

BearFBI

Ya that's the only thing i am concerned about is the support. I am located in Sudbury, Ontario. 

BearFBI

But when i activate at Walmart i am planning to go with the 25$ Plan. its only 500MB but another 500MB is added with autopay (1GB) But you are saying that i have  the first 30 days to register with autopay. So that first month that i payed for at Walmart wouldn't have the 1GB?

kimmycooper

Near Milton Ontario

@BearFBI wrote:

No i don't know anyone on Telus but their one of the big 3 so obviously their service is going to be great. Im not worried that much about bad service. I mean its not Freedom Mobile because their nationwide network sucks.

4 of my family members are on Telus. Service has been good/no complaints.

Roughly where are you located?

Biggest concerns here are not network but customer service. It can be a bit slower which gets some people quite bent out of shape. But if you are  little flexible on that all is well. Also the 3G like data speeds worries many. Mist here say they could not see any or much difference. Maybe not the best choice for extreme data users but everyone else Is fine.

AE_Collector

BearFBI

No i don't know anyone on Telus but their one of the big 3 so obviously their service is going to be great. Im not worried that much about bad service. I mean its not Freedom Mobile because their nationwide network sucks.

@AE_Collector wrote:

They do everything right then except you will go home and create your self serve account.   You have the first 30 days to get Autopay in place via self serve before your first renewal.

As for testing the service, do you know anyone on Telus? That is the network you will be on so if Telus works well there, PM should as well.

To the community: Has it been determined that porting in immediately at activation is not possible either? Or just porting in later to replace a temporary number? I know that @BearFBI would like to test things for a few days or weeks first but if immediate porting is possible at activation that would simplify things.

AE_Collector

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless

BearFBI

Ya That's true i might just port the number right at activation. It saves me money from having to renew the rogers plan for another month. Also Public Mobile seems pretty good and i have been looking around the forms for a few days so i really hope its as good as it sounds. If not i switch to lucky mobile because i am never going back to rogers. Public is better because they have more ways to save on your bill. 

They do everything right then except you will go home and create your self serve account.   You have the first 30 days to get Autopay in place via self serve before your first renewal.

As for testing the service, do you know anyone on Telus? That is the network you will be on so if Telus works well there, PM should as well.

To the community: Has it been determined that porting in immediately at activation is not possible either? Or just porting in later to replace a temporary number? I know that @BearFBI would like to test things for a few days or weeks first but if immediate porting is possible at activation that would simplify things.

AE_Collector

BearFBI

Ok but if i set up all up over there could i still get auto pay. Some people are saying that you can go home and set it up and receive 2 dollars credit but would i receive the auto pay rewards (500MB)

kimmycooper

Set it all up there . That way it is all done. No worries.

BearFBI

Ya but if they offer it for free if i activate at Walmart i would gladly take it. When they offer to activate it what do they do? do they simply activate it then i go home and pick a plan and set up self serve with autopay. or do they set everything up on the spot.

kimmycooper

I did it at home but either way is ok .  Go with Auto pay it takes 2bucks a month off your bill . If you refer friends you save another 1 for each one every month . I pay 7 bucks a month for a 30 plan

BearFBI

Thanks. So i am activating at Walmart, I am choosing a temporary number, I am going to come home and create a self serve account with auto pay, I am going to try it out for a few weeks, then port my number by contacting a Moderator. Does anything seem wrong of this plan. Is there anything else i should know before i buy it. Also do i pick the plan at Walmart with the employee or do i create a self serve account and start my first month at home? 

kimmycooper

Yes you need a PM sim card. This is a great plan for your son . lots of ways to save also.

Need Help? Let's chat.