cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help!!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

83 REPLIES 83

@BearFBI  if you activate with your tempory number, set up your self service account, and ready to port, here is the required imformation https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

If you decide to do it all in one link then use this link to see what is required  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

BearFBI

But when i contact them what information should i include?

BearFBI

Wow thanks for telling me that. I hope everything goes well for me too

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

Ya i might just contact them. How long do you think it would take for them to respond?

Before the world went for a #$%^, I was actually finally successful in getting to a ticket and they got back to me within about 15 minutes. That was just a couple weeks ago. Now they've trimmed staff and response times are likely rather more. But I haven't read of any times here yet these days

That was for a number change too. (not port)

BearFBI

K when i contact them are they gonna ask for information to port my number over? because if i reply to that email with the information would i have to wait another 24 to 48 hours for them to respond or could i just include all the information in the first email. And what information do i include ?

@BearFBI Officially 24 to 48 hours. 

BearFBI

Ya i might just contact them. How long do you think it would take for them to respond?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

Are you sure about that i chatted with SIMon and it said this.  

Changing your phone number is free!
You can make one change per 30-day period.
To do this, you will need to contact a Moderator.

Regardless...porting after initial activation requires the moderator.

SIMon has all kinds of old legacy stuff in it.

Yes I am @BearFBI  that applies to if you are an existing customer. Then you can only change your number once per 30 day period.

BearFBI

Are you sure about that i chatted with SIMon and it said this.  

Changing your phone number is free!
You can make one change per 30-day period.
To do this, you will need to contact a Moderator.

BearFBI

Thanks I think ill try that. I hope everything goes well and i can port my number in no problem 

Actually @BearFBI You can port your number immediately upon signing up with a temporary number from within your self service account with moderator help, no need to wait 30 days to do it.

Normally you can easily port your number in after having activated with a new number initially. But some sort of glitch is messing up some or maybe all ports so they are handling them manually. I’m not certain if it is guaranteed to not work if you do it yourself or maybe that function has been temporarily disabled?

If activating at Walmart it might be better to port right then as I suspect they will call and deal with any porting problems for you. 

if getting a new number and porting later, no need to go for a month, you can try for a few days or a week and port when you are ready. It is just a number change, not tied to your monthly renewal date at all.

Until recently, most often Walmart seemed to be supplying the sim for free if activating through them. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

AE_Collector

BearFBI

What is the usual wait time when contacting a mod. Also when can i port my number. I heard that you can only change your number after 30 days.

BearFBI

My son is 13. 

@BearFBI You will be able to do it eventually, but for now, the reality is port on activation or change number and port thru a moderator. Good luck!

Contact your local Walmart by phone and find out what they're offering. Mine offers nothing (in fact they try to avoid pm activations I feel) but others have offered free Sims I understand.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI 

Some Walmarts do, others don't

but online its only5$

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

Darn i really though you could port the number without a moderator after activation with another number

Used to be. There seems to be a problem with it now. Or it's a false-port protection.

The autopay thing has a couple points. If you select autopay at activation then you'll see a $2 credit in your Available Funds shortly thereafter. And also the $2 reward in your rewards area. Then your next renewal will get $4 off for autopay. Then the renewal after that will just get the regular $2.

If you don't set up autopay at activation then you will only get the $2 reward at your next renewals.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI  how old is your son?  You can always set up the account in your name since you will be paying for it. When your son is ready to pay for it himself, switch it over. If you activate at Walmart, the autopay credit card 2ill be added later when you create a self service account. Here's am article on activating https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up .

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a one time $10 activation credit. If you don't have one, private message anyone here and ask for theirs. 

BearFBI

Does Walmart usually provide the sim card for free if you activate it with the employee? Because if not then i might as well just buy activate it at home.

BearFBI

Darn i really though you could port the number without a moderator after activation with another number

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

HI @BearFBI 

Q: After the first month if I like it could I be able to port the number over from rogers?

A: Yes,  You will be able to port the number from rogers at any time,  as long as rogers account is still active.

Q: The rogers account is under my name so would i need to make my son's PM account under my name for the port to work? 

A:  You do not have to put the PM's account under your name. When you request the port, Just make sure you  fill the  full details of the  port (name on rogers bill, Account number with rogers).

Q: When i link my credit card to his account would it matter if the cardholder name is different from the account name?

A:  It does NOT matter who's credit card is used to set up auto-pay or pay Bills :cathappy:

Q: If i activate it at Walmart could i signup for auto-pay with the employee at Walmart.

A: Yes you can, you can also come home and set up auto pay and the credit of 2$ will be applied to your account :cathappy:

Also, Do not forget to use Refetal code for a  10$ credit, you can provide that when signing up at Walmart. If you order your sim online, You will get it for only 5$ right now.  Here is the link

Cheers

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You can put the account under his name and use your credit card info. You can port a number under your name to an account under his name.

As for porting the number to an already set up account, you'll have to contact a moderator to do that and there is a continuing issue with that!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Need Help? Let's chat.