cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with leaving a Standard Voice Message

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When someone calls me the first thing, they hear is the standard "you have reached mailbox number...". Following this I'd like to setup a 'standard' voice message that indicates that messages can not be left - without my having to record my voice. Is this possible and if so how?

5 REPLIES 5

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I appreciate all the responses but I do not want my voice to be on the telephone. Is there a computer generated voice that indicates "messages not accepted"?

Thanks.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@cory_c 

credits to srlawren

dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN.
In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages.
Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.

Is there a computer generated voice that indicates "messages not accepted"?

no there isn't, but you can check youmail.com it's a free visual voicemail service that had those options you would like

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cory_c 
I have an iPhone, and when I call the voicemail to check my messages for the first time after setting up my PM account, I am immediately taken through setting up my voicemail with message options (default ‘machine’ voice or record your own message, etc.) If your voicemail is already set up and you want to fix it, follow the prompts to change your settings. It’s pretty straight forward. 

Rose25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cory_c 

Dial your number and you'll reach the voice mail. You'll get different options regarding voice mail settings. Just follow their instructions and you can create a voice message of your choice

Need Help? Let's chat.