cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help porting a number From Koodo Prepaid

Jbarter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I opened a new Public Mobile Line, but I am unable to port by Koodo Prepaid number in where they share the same back end. I messaged the Modteam yesterday, how long should I expect for the port/transfer to be completed?

25 REPLIES 25

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jbarter wrote:

My port got completed on Tuesday. Took 4 days. Hopefully Telus will resolve this issue in the future for customers coming from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile.

@Jbarter, great news go to hear that the port was completed. I agree it shouldn't have taken so long but I think it was a result of the overwhelming response to the new promo plans.

Jbarter

My port got completed on Tuesday. Took 4 days. Hopefully Telus will resolve this issue in the future for customers coming from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile.

sandpublic

@superalan wrote:

I messaged the moderator team on Friday and have not heard a response yet. My Koodo prepaid plan expires today (March 18). Will I have issues? Thanks

It has been almost 72 hours since my message

Hopefully it gets done today and you shouldn't have a problem. As long as you gave them the correct account number, phone number and PIN the @CS_Agent  should be able to get it done. As a suggestion you should also include the Koodo renewal date so that the moderators are aware of it.

superalan

I messaged the moderator team on Friday and have not heard a response yet. My Koodo prepaid plan expires today (March 18). Will I have issues? Thanks

It has been almost 72 hours since my message

sandpublic

@kread wrote:

Same boat here! My husband was able to port his Koodo number himself without issue but mine didn’t go through. Public mobile is showing that my number is my Koodo phone number but it doesn’t work with my PM SIM card so I’m stuck. I’ve been waiting since Friday night too. 

If your husband was able to port his Kood number himself it means that he was on a post-paid plan. If you are on a post-plan also then you should be able to do the port yourself via the online selfserve portal.

fen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Important thing are 1. Account no. and 2. Name that apperared on (Koodo) Account i did mine on saturday and its got transfer withing 1 hour. Hope thats help.

kread

Same boat here! My husband was able to port his Koodo number himself without issue but mine didn’t go through. Public mobile is showing that my number is my Koodo phone number but it doesn’t work with my PM SIM card so I’m stuck. I’ve been waiting since Friday night too. 

@dabr wrote:

@Jbarter and @scoobybpc  if you still haven't heard from the mods you could try and phone Koodo CSR and see if they will help to facilitate the port to Public Mobile for you.  They were able to help me last year but I don't know if they still do that.  Good luck!

In spite of your experience, Koodo does not normally facilitate migration to anyone. PM must handle it all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jbarter and @scoobybpc  if you still haven't heard from the mods you could try and phone Koodo CSR and see if they will help to facilitate the port to Public Mobile for you.  They were able to help me last year but I don't know if they still do that.  Good luck!

@Jbarter  a écrit :

I’m still patiently waiting.😐

Don't give up The moderator are working one hour till 10.00PM...and tomorrow at 8.00AM HE.Smiley Happy

Jbarter

I’m still patiently waiting.😐

sandpublic

@scoobybpc wrote:

Just thought I'd update. Got a message from them saying it was switched over, checked out the old sim and it's no longer active. New account is active with the proper phone number. Bumpy start with pm but I have faith going forward we will be happy! 

Thanks everyone for your support 

Excellent news! Welcome to PM.😊

@scoobybpc  a écrit :

Just thought I'd update. Got a message from them saying it was switched over, checked out the old sim and it's no longer active. New account is active with the proper phone number. Bumpy start with pm but I have faith going forward we will be happy! 

Finally! Happy for you. Welcome on board!

scoobybpc

sandpublic

@scoobybpc wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a response this weekend on this topic? I initially sent the request Friday night and still havent gotten a repsonse yet. I know, be patient, I'm trying, but I'm really hoping this is done today. 😞

It will get done don't worry the best thing to do is to keep your Koodo prepaid SIM in your phone for now and as soon as it stops working it means that the port was completed.

scoobybpc

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a response this weekend on this topic? I initially sent the request Friday night and still havent gotten a repsonse yet. I know, be patient, I'm trying, but I'm really hoping this is done today. 😞

@Kpucky wrote:

What information do I send to the moderator to port my koodo prepaid number...just my account number and phone number?

@Kpucky 

May also want to include your Koodo account holder name with the information for porting.

@Kpucky  a écrit :

What information do I send to the moderator to port my koodo prepaid number...just my account number and phone number?

Yes anyway they will come back to you and ask for personal information just to be sure it's you!Smiley Wink

Kpucky

scoobybpc

@Lieux I'm trying 🙂

I'm totally new to PM and the plan is actually for my wife. So basically I don't want her phone to stop working while she's out or something, or to be fiddling around with a simcard. I can appreciate that mods are likely overwhelmed 

scoobybpc

@Alex888 that's what I did though.

I activated Friday with a new number. And once activated was complete (had problems there too) I tried to port in the old number. But because it's from koodo prepaid apparently it requires a mod. So I emailed to the mod team Friday evening. 

I carry both sims because the old one is still active with the old phone number  I need that old number still for calls and texts. I carry the new one with me for when they eventually port the number over and my old one stops working.

So technically I have (and am paying for) both services until they port the number. Really really hoping it gets done today..

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Jbarter  a écrit :

I opened a new Public Mobile Line, but I am unable to port by Koodo Prepaid number in where they share the same back end. I messaged the Modteam yesterday, how long should I expect for the port/transfer to be completed?

And @scoobybpc be patient. The moderators have now many hours more than before to answer the customers each day...but it's a busy time this week-end because the 25$ promotion which end on monday...Be patient they will fix it as @Alex888 said.Smiley Happy

@scoobybpc That's why it's usually best to register with a new phone number then request a number change and then port your number, so you don't have to worry about changing SIM's. Smiley Frustrated Annoying workaround.

scoobybpc

Unfortunately I'm in same boat. I made the request Friday evening with no response yet. In the meantime I'm carrying my new sim around just in case it changes while I'm out. 

I really hope they port my number soon :(. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Jbarter If you have contacted a moderator it will take them up to 2 days to respond, after that it could take a few hours to 2 days for the port to be completed. In the meantime keep using your Koodo SIM card and don't close your account, when your phone stops working the port has gone through, put in your Public Mobile SIM and restart your phone, then it should work.
Need Help? Let's chat.