cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name on phone

Elspethmaillatd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I call someone my name doesn't appear.What do I do to put my name on the phone with my number

15 REPLIES 15

I find it preferable not to have my name displayed. Why have your name and phone number given to anyone you may call? That's two of the three requirements to port out your number fraudently. As has been expressed in many porting scams it only takes a convincing caller to acquire the account number from a customer service agent. Luckily that is not an option available to fraudsters by public mobile.

@popping wrote:

@kelvarnsen wrote:

I always found it weird that cell phones don't automatically show a name on the call display when someone calls. My landline home phone had that feature in the 90's.

Subscribers need to pay more for the name display. 

Name display is only supported by the first tier mobile providers, Rogers/Telus/Bell and may be for the second tiers providers.  The used Koodo long time ago, koodo allowed me to add my spouse name one the line.  I was told by the Koodo CSR that name is used for name display.  i have used third tier providers, Chatr/Zoomer/PM,  All of them do not support Name Display.

Telus, Bell (wireless), Koodo don't have outgoing name display, only incoming and the same as Public.

With Public Mobile, I get name display for incoming calls not in my phone book, just like I did with Rogers previously. But for outgoing calls, the recipient sees my number only.

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I also prefer do not show my name. I do not like providers that show your name by default. It would be nice to have free option.

@computergeek541 wrote:

I agree that it's kind of suprising, alhtough I wouldn't want my name to show.  I believe that it's only Rogers and Fido in Canada that current send this informaiton within an outgoing call.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kelvarnsen wrote:

I always found it weird that cell phones don't automatically show a name on the call display when someone calls. My landline home phone had that feature in the 90's.

Subscribers need to pay more for the name display. 

Name display is only supported by the first tier mobile providers, Rogers/Telus/Bell and may be for the second tiers providers.  The used Koodo long time ago, koodo allowed me to add my spouse name one the line.  I was told by the Koodo CSR that name is used for name display.  i have used third tier providers, Chatr/Zoomer/PM,  All of them do not support Name Display.

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For public mobile, if the person who you are calling doesn't have you added as a contact, your name will not show up, only your phone number. I believe this works both ways. 

@kelvarnsen wrote:

I agree that it's kind of suprising, alhtough I wouldn't want my name to show.  I believe that it's only Rogers and Fido in Canada that current send this informaiton within an outgoing call.

@kelvarnsen wrote:

I think I prefer that the name is not visible anymore.  I remember everyone's name and number used to be shown by default and you actually had to pay an extra fee to remove your name from being displayed or even appearing in white pages of the Yellow Pages (if anyone remembers what they are anymore):)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck. I like not showing my number to begin with. But then some people (and businesses !! ) don't accept calls from private/unknown numbers.

Just answer the phone...it's not gonna kill ya.

'Course then they'll say...just show your number...it's not gonna kill ya. And around it goes. 🙂

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

.@Elspethmaillatd wrote:

When I call someone my name doesn't appear.What do I do to put my name on the phone with my number

@Elspethmaillatd 

Public mobile does not have name display option .  only your phone number will show. 

Create your contact with name phone numbers, address etc. Then share it with your friends. For sure create your contact with at least your name and mobile number. You share your contact information by passing a VCF file for them to save into their contacts file. Next time you call them, YOUR  number will match to the contact list and both your name and number will show on your friends (someone) Phone. Having a good up to date  contact list helps you identify scam callers. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Elspethmaillatd wrote:

Public Mobile doesn't show names, only your number to the person being called.  Only the people who have your name/number saved as a contact in their phone directory will be able to see that you are calling.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Elspethmaillatd wrote:

@Elspethmaillatd  It's the other way around. The person you are calling has to have you in their contacts for your name to appear.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

.@Elspethmaillatd wrote:

@Elspethmaillatd 

Public mobile does not have name display option .  only your phone number will show. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Elspethmaillatd actually PM does not show your name , only your number. Your name will only appear to some one with it in their address book.

@Elspethmaillatd wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.