cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO service for new activation

yyzyy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up in Walmart last weekend during the flash sale. I didnt try it in the store cause they are closing soon when I arrived. Just put the SIM card in last night and cant find the network. Tried mutilple phones which none of them worked.Phones are unlocked, worked under Chatr and Rogers. The Problem should not be on my end, could be the SIM card or my account? Any mod online now?

6 REPLIES 6

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hopefully this gets straightened out for you @yyzyy

@yyzyy wrote:

I got the new number for activation and like to try the signal before port in.

Thanks for the info. I just msg the mod before u replied,but sadly, not with the info you listed to be included,especially not the PIN.

I think the info I gave should be enough for ID check,but not too sure. I gave like post code instead of full address. my account # and activation #,name, email.

Do i need to send another msg or just wait for the mod to require addtional info? Can I add info to the previous msg?

You need to send a private message to the moderator to be in the support queue.  Normally, customers provide account number/account PIN for verification.  If that is not possible, submit alternate ID.  This knowledge base article covers how to contact the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

yyzyy

I got the new number for activation and like to try the signal before port in.

Thanks for the info. I just msg the mod before u replied,but sadly, not with the info you listed to be included,especially not the PIN.

I think the info I gave should be enough for ID check,but not too sure. I gave like post code instead of full address. my account # and activation #,name, email.

Do i need to send another msg or just wait for the mod to require addtional info? Can I add info to the previous msg?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yyzyy

Did you get a new number from PM during activation?

If yes, people are having issue with porting number and activation together.

You are right about the APN as APN is only related to no data issue.  Phone call and text has nothing to do with APN.

You problem is related to account setup.  Only Moderators have access to your account. Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

yyzyy

I think u need to connect to the mobile network first, and then set up the APN if needed.Also,I just have the talk plan, no data needed

swirlix
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried to put the appropriate APN settings? Link for instructions 

Need Help? Let's chat.